Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Spence defeats Thurman, will Spence vs Crawford be the biggest Welterweight fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Spence defeats Thurman, will Spence vs Crawford be the biggest Welterweight fight?

Obviously we shouldn't forget about Pacquiao, but he's aging and if Crawford fights him, Pac may lose. If Spence beats Thurman, and Crawford beats Pac I think Crawford vs Spence would be the biggest ww fight. But I don't think Thurman vs Spence is as easy as some people make it out to be, it's gonna be a good hard fought fight and Thurman will surprise a lot of people. Especially now that he's being thrown under the bus.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Obviously we shouldn't forget about Pacquiao, but he's aging and if Crawford fights him, Pac may lose. If Spence beats Thurman, and Crawford beats Pac I think Crawford vs Spence would be the biggest ww fight. But I don't think Thurman vs Spence is as easy as some people make it out to be, it's gonna be a good hard fought fight and Thurman will surprise a lot of people. Especially now that he's being thrown under the bus.
    people can say what they wish, but Errol isn't beating Keith. Period

Comment

Crawford and Spence are seen as being something really special. Those two fighting will be huge, IMO, if it's set up right. Being that they're under different promoters (one being TR) I'm sure it'll get fked up somehow.

Comment

It seems to me as if people are thinking Crawford would give Spence a better fight than Thurman, which is surprising to me given the weight differences. Thing is though, Thurman can not seem to fight to well going back, on the inside, and may be particularly weak to bodyshots, which is bad to have vs Spence.

Comment

Pointless to even talk about. Neither Arum nor Crawford would want the fight. There is no demand for it with the boxing public either. Even the fans are smart and cynical enough to know Arum fighters don't mix with the rest, until the rare occasion or a belt demands it.

Spence is too big for Crawford. He'd bully and overpower him. Only way the fight would be fair is at a catchweight. At 147, Crawford loses. Maybe at 140, or even 142, Spence would be drained enough to make it fair, and compensate for the size difference.

Comment

It will always be Challengers especially at 147! Spence Jr vs Thurman doesn't end or solves anything, sure it makes the winner of that the Number 1 Welterweight in the World Absolutely however after that Crawford will be at 147 by that time. Then after Crawford Mikey Garcia could soon reach that Division so Challengers never stop coming when you fighting at 147 that has always been a Hotspot Division and will remain that way.

With Spence Jr Frame, just not sure how long he himself stays at 154 himself he is a Massive Welterweight especially for this ERA!

People are trying to have certain fighters cancel each other out but if the Rumors are true of Mikey Garcia moving up for Broner then why not the winner of that vs Crawford at 140. Or Indongo can tell the IBF to Fuk off with their Belt like Fury did and go make Crawford vs Indongo which we all know are the real Champions at 140 making Lipinets vs whoever for the Vacant IBF basically a Paper Champion similar to Charles Martin vs Glazkov!
            Last edited by sicko; 05-29-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              It seems to me as if people are thinking Crawford would give Spence a better fight than Thurman, which is surprising to me given the weight differences. Thing is though, Thurman can not seem to fight to well going back, on the inside, and may be particularly weak to bodyshots, which is bad to have vs Spence.
              I don't know what you've been watching but Thurman does really well fighting backwards. If he doesn't get caught on the ropes, I think he stops Spence. Crawford is too small for either one for me.

Comment

We haven't seen how Crawford looks at 147 yet. A good match up would be Crawford vs Porter/Garcia. If he can dominate one of those two like his last opponents then it says a lot.

Comment

Yeah, I think so. Would be an absolute dynamite fight.

In fact if you gave me the choice right now, this second to pick between Spence/Thurman or Spence/Crawford...I'm picking Spence/Crawford without any hesitation whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                    We haven't seen how Crawford looks at 147 yet. A good match up would be Crawford vs Porter/Garcia. If he can dominate one of those two like his last opponents then it says a lot.
                    No one has seen Mikey Garcia above 135, but everyone is predicting that he will stop Broner, who's never been stopped, at 140.

I bet you there's a lot of people who would think TC would beat Spence at 147 if the fight gets talked about.

Comment

Working...
                    X