Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats stopping lara from fighting a top 10 contender at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    He brought him up last night... The fight I'm sure is way back in line for k2 after Saunders,Jacobs, and Canelo but fk it why not fight the guy if none of those want it...
    Pretty sure GGG will fight Lara if he can't get any of the named guys, Saunders, Jacobs, Canelo, Zurdo or Eubank.

GGG asked on his twitter who the fans want him to face next, there were hundreds of replies and the name Lara only came up like 2-3 times. Seems like there is no hype for this guy except a couple hardcore fans or GGG haters here.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
      Nothing is wrong with a GGG fight. But what middleweights has lara beaten to show hes capable in that division? Btw, lara is a lesser name.
      Again!!! Hagler fought Mugabi who came straight at him from 154 and fought him at 160, I would rather have that than GGG fighting another no hoper at 160, not sure why some of you guys are so desperate to see GGG face another dud fight, Canelo/BJS/Jacobs or even Sturm fine! But please no more wade, Monroe or another Macklin, Rubio , Murray etc. If not please GGG move up to 168 Ward isn't there no more. Am tired of excuses and deflection from boxing fans.

Comment

Lara only wanting to go up to 160 for Golovkin, isn't much different than Golovkin only wanting to move up to 168lbs for a big money fight like Froch. Both men are true size for their weight classes.

Comment

So why can't lara just fight a random middleweight to see how he does at 160?
          You only fight GGG if you have to. No one should dare step anywhere close to his division.

Jermall Charlo even ducked 160 and would rather kill himself to make 154 than step foot in that division. Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman weigh over 160 on fight night but drain themselves to 147 to stay as far away from that monster as possible.

Nobody wants to fight GGG. And I don't blame them. He steamrolls them all. Only mandatories stand a chance.

Comment

So why can't lara just fight a random middleweight to see how he does at 160?
            You mean the same way you suggest GGG fights a random guy at 154 so we all know he can make 154 and be healthy in a Mayweather fight? Let me answer that for you "GGG would only go down to 154 for Mayweather"
            "Lara would only go up to 160 for GGG"

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              You only fight GGG if you have to. No one should dare step anywhere close to his division.

Jermall Charlo even ducked 160 and would rather kill himself to make 154 than step foot in that division. Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman weigh over 160 on fight night but drain themselves to 147 to stay as far away from that monster as possible.

Nobody wants to fight GGG. And I don't blame them. He steamrolls them all. Only mandatories stand a chance.
              Really hope this is sarcasm. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

This is not about that. Why doesn't lara simply fight any middleweight to see how good he is at that weight?

Comment

This is not about that. Why doesn't lara simply fight any middleweight to see how good he is at that weight?
                  "Lara would only go up to 160 for GGG"

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Again!!! Hagler fought Mugabi who came straight at him from 154 and fought him at 160, I would rather have that than GGG fighting another no hoper at 160, not sure why some of you guys are so desperate to see GGG face another dud fight, Canelo/BJS/Jacobs or even Sturm fine! But please no more wade, Monroe or another Macklin, Rubio , Murray etc. If not please GGG move up to 168 Ward isn't there no more. Am tired of excuses and deflection from boxing fans.
                    Mugabi had power to keep Hagler at bay. What does lara have to prove that he can beat any middleweight? Why doesnt he just fight one so we can see where he really stands at 160?

Comment

I answered that. There's a monster in that division. Why go near it?? I get chills thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X