No announcement yet.

Prime George Foreman vs Prime Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime George Foreman vs Prime Lewis

Damn what a match-up! Who do you think would have won this fight? As fo me, Foreman has been one of my fav so ma biasedness might affect ma judgement in picking Foreman to TKO Lewis.

which 'prime' Foreman are you talking about, pipsqueak?

And I think both of them would take out Lennox.

Comment

a 70's foreman would probably have one, his aggression would keep lewis back lewis wouldn't be able to take many of those punches

a 90's foreman would have a harder time but i do think he would have one due to power and an iron chin

Comment

The prime George Foreman of the 70s would be too much for Lennox Lewis to handle. Granted, Lewis was a very skilled boxer, he moved well and he packed a dangerous right hand. But Foreman in his prime would simply overwhelm him, there is no doubt about it.

George Foreman by ko3.

The old George Foreman of the 90s would have a much more difficult time. His solid chin and paced boxing would help him avoid a stoppage, but I think he would be soundly outboxed by Lewis. Of course, given Foremans power and Lewis questionable chin, a sudden knock out is always possible, but the most likely result would be Lewis by decision.

Lennox Lewis by UD.

Comment

Foreman by an early KO, if we are talking about 70's Big George that is.

Comment

George Foreman did not succesfully KO every oppponent he fought. He was a very sloppy finisher and could also be KO'd in a slugfest(Yes, he is human). The thing is, Foreman would overwhelm fighters who weren't as strong or powerfull as him. When he met a fighter that wasn't weak, and wasn't scared to trade punches, he was nearly KO'd. Lenox Lewis is huge and very very strong. I do not see Foreman walking trough Lewis with ease, thats bull****. Lewis might win this aswell. Foreman's power doesn't last for 10 rounds or more. I would say 4. If Lewis survives Foreman's onslaught, he would KO an exhausted Foreman late.

And Lewis doesn't have a GLASS chin. Only morons who don't know boxing say that. He's been hit with hard shots and didn't go down. So just saying that Foreman would only have to hit Lewis to win, is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
              George Foreman did not succesfully KO every oppponent he fought. He was a very sloppy finisher and could also be KO'd in a slugfest(Yes, he is human). The thing is, Foreman would overwhelm fighters who weren't as strong or powerfull as him. When he met a fighter that wasn't weak, and wasn't scared to trade punches, he was nearly KO'd. Lenox Lewis is huge and very very strong. I do not see Foreman walking trough Lewis with ease, thats bull****. Lewis might win this aswell. Foreman's power doesn't last for 10 rounds or more. I would say 4. If Lewis survives Foreman's onslaught, he would KO an exhausted Foreman late.

And Lewis doesn't have a GLASS chin. Only morons who don't know boxing say that. He's been hit with hard shots and didn't go down. So just saying that Foreman would only have to hit Lewis to win, is insane.
              yeh but even a hint of a weak jaw means its glass if yur british!

i think you are talking about a 90's foreman he was a lot faster and more powerful in the 70's and would quite possibly take lewis out quickly

if he didn't then lewis may be able to turn it around

Comment

Sorry but if big george beats Lennox its going to be a in a few rounds. If it goes longer Lennox has it in the bag. Lennox doesn't have the best jaw, he meets a man who is not significantly smaller then him who has greater physical strength and freakish punching power. The Ali of 74' was swifter in the ring then prime lennox thus george cuts him off quick and breaks him down on the ropes. George wouldn't win any other way in my opinion and a pre Ali George is most capable of doing this.

Also: For his size Lennox wasn't very, very strong... Holyfield pushed Lennox around the ring. He may have been big but like Tyson his functional strength wasn't special. And Ron Lyle was a completely different animal to Lennox Lewis, the man had no fear and real killer instinct - i can't say the same about Lewis with confidence. Although he was still in his physical prime after the Ali fight he wasn't as good a fighter.... he was mentally unstable and in his own words 'i didn't know how i wanted to fight'.
                Last edited by Heckler; 04-19-2006, 07:13 AM.

Comment

wasnt there a link a few months ago with this same fantasy fight?

i still say lewis would beat him, he could hold his ground and might be able to push foreman around a bit with his size advantage. and of course he could outbox foreman. lewis had a questionable heart and work ethic, but george was one dimensional, push ahead and pound away. as long as lewis came to fight no question he could handle big george.
                  foreman was overrated, joe frazier was custom made to lose to him with his style. then norton beat ali, so everyone thought norton would bring a fight to foreman. ive read a few different versions about why that fight happened the way it did, but the point is foreman didnt have to learn anything new, do anything different to beat frazier and probably with norton also. before those two fights, he had a bunch of ****ing nobodys on his record. i think the thing that beat foreman was an opponent around his size with faster hands and better boxing skills, neither norton or frazier come close to that. lewis, however, fits that bill perfectly. he would only give ground if he had to, and he could fight backing up if he had to, look at the tyson and holyfield fights. george would look sloppy and get tenderized on his way to a decision loss

heckler, youve changed your tone a bit, lewis' chin has gone from glass to not very good, maybe you stopped and actually thought about lewis' supposed glass chin. plus, i dont remember you saying in the old link about this fight that lewis had any chance, if i remember correctly. however im too tired to look it up. now you say that if george cant get him out in early lewis would take him?
                  your life's dedication to studying boxing must have progressed a bit.

that is such bull**** anyway, lewis didnt have a glass chin, he didnt even have a bad chin. he had a pretty ****ing good chin, actually. ali got dropped, joe lewis got dropped, marciano got dropped, norton, holmes, dempsey, tyson etc. when you are dealing with heavyweights its gonna happen to all of them. what seperates the great ones is the heart it takes to get up and keep going. lewis had questionable heart, not a glass chin.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Lennox Lewis does not fit the bill at all, his ability to absorb punishment is average at best nor is he exactly swift or hard to find in the ring. Ali and Holmes fit the bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X