No announcement yet.

How far can Callum Smith go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see some rounds last night. Went 10 at a decent pace

Great learning fight. Not quite as devastating as we've seen him in the past but not the worst thing, he showed good skills to make up for it. I know Biosse has been stopped before a few times but he took some decent shots.

Where to go next? I think stick around at this level. Get some rounds against a few different styles. There's some yank journeymen like Don Mouton and Darnell Boone who give everyone rounds and seem give everyone problems without actually taking the W. I'd still say khomitsky would be a good test aswell

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      I saw 2 or 3 of his earlier fights & he looked decent.

He's obviously going to have learnt from his brothers & father - but we won't know if he has the toughness or will until he steps up.

But I do think he'll outgrow SM & maybe even Light Heavy.
      Yeah he has said in interviews he will be Light Heavy.

Comment

It was a good test for him lastnight. Got the rounds in, decent tempo fight and showed he can take a punch.
        Biosse is a tough guy...he took same great shots lastnight..head and body.

Good learning fight for Smith.

Comment

For me he will go further than his brothers IMO!! He shows a little bit of all of them in a way, Though I think he would be best placed moving around from gym to gym... He's got it in him it's just if you can get him to his full potential..

Comment

Can anyone remember a bigger super middleweight than Smith?

The guys is a behemoth of a man at 168.

He looked far bigger than Cleverley to me.

Comment

Potentially fighting Christopher Rebrasse (of George Groves fame) according to CHB.

Decent test for this stage. Rebrasse should take him the distance like Sjecloka and Biosse did. Plus good comparison against Groves who most consider world class at 168lb.

Comment

I think they can start moving him up to world class now.

If he comes up short it is no big deal at his age.

It is shame there isn't a guy like Edison Miranda around. Kind of flawed but with a big punch and extremely dangerous for 4-5 rounds. Or an Andrade (Mexican) one. Or if Sakio Bika dropped back down.

They'd be great fights for a guy like Callum who surely is going to be a light-heavy soon.

If Groves did get a world title. I would pick Callum to beat him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I think they can start moving him up to world class now.

If he comes up short it is no big deal at his age.

It is shame there isn't a guy like Edison Miranda around. Kind of flawed but with a big punch and extremely dangerous for 4-5 rounds. Or an Andrade (Mexican) one. Or if Sakio Bika dropped back down.

They'd be great fights for a guy like Callum who surely is going to be a light-heavy soon.

If Groves did get a world title. I would pick Callum to beat him now.
                  I would worry if he moved to light heavy. A lot of his defence is based on him being out of his opponents range but still in his or the static high guard, I can see him struggling with the guys up there

Would take some adjustments for sure. Im hoping he is still making 168lbs comfortably like he said he was before.

Comment

Smith vs. Rebrasse should be a good test tonight. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Smith vs. Rebrasse should be a good test tonight. Looking forward to it.
                      I had trouble deciding if Rebrasse was fairly decent (in euro level terms) or if Groves was that bad during their fight.

Looking forward to tonight too. Love some friday night boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X