No announcement yet.

Do Any Of You Only It Healthy Food?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Any Of You Only It Healthy Food?

I mean just dont touch junk food etc all togther and only eat healthy food?

If so how long have you done this for and did you find it hard giving all the bad foods and drinks up?
    Last edited by Southpaw Great; 07-29-2010, 03:58 PM. Reason: mistake

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
    I mean just dont touch junk food etc all togther and only eat healthy food?

If so how long have you done this for and did you find it hard giving all the bad foods and drinks up?
    2 weeks you trying to get ripped or fit then?

Comment

I dont eat any sugar and I try to eat low GI carbs. So theres alot of **** I dont eat, like breads and potatoes. The only 'junk' food I eat is an indian takeaway maybe once a fortnight. Also I only drink water, and sometimes sugar free coke/lemonade....

It was pretty hard at first because I love sweet stuff, but after a while I just got used to it and stopped craving junk food.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
        I dont eat any sugar and I try to eat low GI carbs. So theres alot of **** I dont eat, like breads and potatoes. The only 'junk' food I eat is an indian takeaway maybe once a fortnight. Also I only drink water, and sometimes sugar free coke/lemonade....

It was pretty hard at first because I love sweet stuff, but after a while I just got used to it and stopped craving junk food.
        if u don't mind, tell me your diet from start to end. and do you eat after 7pm?

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
          2 weeks you trying to get ripped or fit then?
          am looking at getting in good shape. but alot of the time when i start healthy eating, i find it so hard to give up the junk food etc.

Comment

I usually only eat healthy food, no junk. However i just ordered papa johns lol The only time i order is when iv had a **** day and cant train, i order 2 x cheesy sticks and a bottle of coke. (typically once in 4-6 weeks)

Dude, once you go without something for say 2-4 weeks(depending on your addiction) your body should get used to it and you shouldn't feel the need for it. Seriously the first weeks are hard but then it is easy. The longer you go without, the less you need it - trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
              if u don't mind, tell me your diet from start to end. and do you eat after 7pm?
              Well its pretty simple really, for my staple carbs I eat low GI carbs such as brown rice or basmalti rice, and this stuff called quinoa which has a very high protein content for a carbohydrate. I dont eat any bread at all, or pasta....but if you do eat pasta its much better to eat wholegrain pasta, same deal with wholegrain bread.

Usually with that I'll have chicken, occasionally pork, but mostly chicken cooked with a lot of veggies, onions and mushrooms usually. And then I'll just use some chicken stock for flavour, or occasionally I'll cook the chicken in various sauces (anything with low sugar is fine).

And yeah I eat after 7pm

Now I dont know what your goals are, is it just to lose weight or be healthier overall? Either way aslong as you stay away from sugar and refined carbohydrates (any white carbs are usually bad) and also dont eat too many potatoes you lose weight and end up healthier.

Any cravings for sugar, or carb full foods will dissapear once your body gets use to eating healthy.

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
              Dude, once you go without something for say 2-4 weeks(depending on your addiction) your body should get used to it and you shouldn't feel the need for it. Seriously the first weeks are hard but then it is easy. The longer you go without, the less you need it - trust me.
              This man speaks the truth

Comment

the human body cant adjust that fast. 2 weeks is nothing if youve eaten all that crap for 20 years. it takes about a year for your body really adjust

i dont understand why youd do that anyway. floyd dont even do that so whats the point. you can eat or drink crap every now and then, just not every day. maybe try to avoid it when you have a fight coming up but even then its silly, nobody in here fights at a level where nutrition would make a difference in a fight unless all you do every day is eat a huge cake and drink pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  the human body cant adjust that fast. 2 weeks is nothing if youve eaten all that crap for 20 years. it takes about a year for your body really adjust

i dont understand why youd do that anyway. floyd dont even do that so whats the point. you can eat or drink crap every now and then, just not every day. maybe try to avoid it when you have a fight coming up but even then its silly, nobody in here fights at a level where nutrition would make a difference in a fight unless all you do every day is eat a huge cake and drink pepsi
                  So Floyd Mayweather eating a bit of junk food for the cameras on 24/7 means we should all just ignore nutrition and eat what we want?

If you want to get the best out of your body, nutrition is vitally important - it's as simple as that. How dedicated you choose to be is entirely your choice though.

Like jonesy said, maintain your discipline and stick it out for 3-4 weeks and the cravings will go away. I went almost all of last year eating healthily and I remember seeing chocolate and actually feeling put off by it.

Comment

Been doing it for just a week right now.

Hard because I love Dr Pepper. I like salty fries too. Just gotta make sacrifices.

Trying to get into shape for football (soccer) so do not need to get ultra fit like the boxers on here.

Just cut out all fast food and sugary drinks. Chocolate and biscuits are out too.

Hard when all my family are eating junk quite often.

Comment

Working...
                    X