No announcement yet.

I have some sympathy towards Valero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
    Sometimes brain injuries can lead to severe depression. That was awhile ago though, how did we get to here from there?
    getting a boxing license is one thing and most likely a damaged brain will deteroiate on its on anyways. The blows to the head probably speeded up the process

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
      At first I just thought he was a mad man with no remorse but after he took his own life it just shows that he was guilted with what he had done and what he had become.

I think the brain injury definitely played a part, the guy was just really unstable and his life seems to have been spiraling down hill for a while now. The warning signs was there a few months ago but people brushed them aside and made light jokes of it, I guess no one could have expected this to happen.

The guy had been in rehab for drinking, drugs, domestic violence etc and the only reason I could see this is because of the bran injury he suffered. Why would one person, especially a guy with such a promising career, kids and a wife throw it all away just because he's an aggressive *******?

I don't get it.
      i thought he was just a cold blooded killer initially but its becoming clear that his life was just spiralling out of control with drink , drug and possible mental problems. I still feel more sympathy for his poor wife who didnt get any protection from the state and his children who are left with no parents and will find out about their horrible deaths someday . A tragic situation all round really.

Comment

Who knows? Maybe she cheated on him too? No excuses for murder but a possible reason why he did. Many reasons this could have happened, but something definitely tipped him to the edge.

Brain damage + alcohol + drugs + getting punched in face for living = mayhem.

Comment

Another sad week.. first Sam now Edwin..

Comment

i really think that the sports commisions decision to suspend/cancel valero's license was right. some countries however allowed him to fight which may have added to whatever mental condition valero had. every punch he took in the head must have worsen that condition that lead to him killing his wife. very sad indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              I don't even think its that simple.

Many people have problems and don't even realize it.

If you don't know you have a problem, how can you fix it?

He did some blow over rehab for alcohol abuse and anger management, but the problem is deeper than that
              Then Valero was in denial then if he can't even see or do something about his own problems.. He had his choice to straighten his life but he chose stupidity and it cost him his wife, his career and ultimately his life..

Comment

him not being licensed in most of america along with this tells me his head injury was probably worse than people though. i'm sure his boxing didn't help it

Comment

Working...
                X