Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #27 - Saul Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin, Sep 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it last 12 rounds, then we all know Canelo will get the nod at the end when that happens even if he looks like he clearly lose the fight; you can bet your life savings on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      If it last 12 rounds, then we all know Canelo will get the nod at the end when that happens even if he looks like he clearly lose the fight; you can bet your life savings on it!
      This is what I see also. If it's close it's going to Canelo and I see a close 12 round decision for Canelo.

Comment

It's Vegas... if GGG does not want to get Robbed ala Kovalev, he will need to KO Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          canelo ko mate? whats your thinkin?
          Watched Kell Brook vs GGG the other day. The flush uppercuts he was landing. 9/1 kind of insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Symmetry View Post
            I voted for Canelo Alvarez by KO 9-12 a few days ago, but i just realized that because i just started voting now on polls maybe i won't have the oportunities to use all my multipliers of this year, so... can i add a 3X multiplier on my bet? Sorry for the incovenience Brometheus.
            3X confirmed

Comment

ggg knos he'll never get a decision in vegas, if he hasn't hurt canelo by mid fight, he's gonna start swinging for the fences.
              otrocubiche ggg by ko 5-8 3x

Comment

I think the 3 most possible outcomes are

1.) GGG by knockout mid to late
                2.) GGG wins by Close/SD/MD (even though he dominates, but judges give Canelo all the closer rounds) or
                3.) Canelo by controversial decision, where GGG won in the eyes of the fans, but Byrd and Moretti give the fight to Canelo.

My pick is that Canelo will try impress early, and turn up the heat in the early rounds when he feels fresh and strong, the T-Mobile goes crazy with Canelos flashy combinations, GGG is down a couple rounds and then takes over by Round 4 and punishes Canelo, hurts him in the middle of the fight and gets him out by Round 7-9.

Comment

All GGG needs to do is jab and tire Canelo out for about 6 rounds

Then he can pounce. Or jab all the way.

I am going with the guy who can jab his way to victory.

Sorry Canelo (he's grown on me)

Comment

Finally made my pick, GGG in a 8-10rd TKO. Canelo is coming off a easy but decisive win over Chavez Jr., younger, better resume and associated with Golden Boy and GBP, media favorites. That's why I see more high profile types other than pro boxers picking Canelo. It's been a tough 50/50 decision for me. Canelo pluses are age, speed, movement and good whiskers. GGG has more power, high volume pressure, focus and good whiskers I think, never been anyone to really test his chin. Today, I saw a several recent workouts of both fighters looked sharp in their respective style with snap on their punches but the thing was Canelo's bulk gain, why so much? He didn't need it, he fought Chavez Jr at 164 and even at 147 was 160+ pounds at fight time and by the way that's where at the Golden Era Greats fought. In reality Canelo is a natural Middleweight by old-time standards and GGG is a MW by today's weigh-in standards. It seems to me he took one of his advantages, speed and now has made it questionable particularly after 8+ rounds. Holyfield, someone who knows about bulking up said that after 6-8 rounds Canelo's shoulder will be burning and have the feel of someone standing on them; hand speed and snap gone. I agree, those concerns tilted my opinion to 51:49 for GGG. It should be a great fight and will be happy with the outcome either way.

Comment

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
                      voting through PM dear lord thats the most pathetic thing ive ever seen in my life
                      Don't disrespect the man.
                      You don't know what he is going through.

Comment

Working...
                      X