Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Could Return in November in Mandatory Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donnie Nietes Could Return in November in Mandatory Defense

Donnie Nietes won his first world title in September 2007 when he decisioned then undefeated future champion ****sawan Porpramook for the vacant WBO strawweight belt in Cebu City, Philippines. Almost a decade later he is a three-division champ who is still unbeaten in world title fights, winning a total of fifteen alongside with a draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nietes should just move up to 115 and stop ducking Gonzalez! He already ducked him when he refused to unify at 108!

Comment

this reminds me to ask.... so who is the next Filipino hope these days anyway??? I will never forget the P@ct@rds back in 2006-2009 pumping their chests out sayin donnie nietes would take over after pacquiao him and Donaire were supposed to be the successors and make filipinos the top of the food chain in boxing good times........

p.s: I love yall no hard feelings

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        this reminds me to ask.... so who is the next Filipino hope these days anyway??? I will never forget the P@ct@rds back in 2006-2009 pumping their chests out sayin donnie nietes would take over after pacquiao him and Donaire were supposed to be the successors and make filipinos the top of the food chain in boxing good times........

Many filipinos aren't actually high on Donaire.

Comment

Remember when Mercito Gesta was supposed to be the next big thing?

Comment

Nietes and Donaire are/were legit fighters, not hypejobs

Magsayo and Cataraja are the most promising up-n-comers that I know of. Someone on here said that the guy Valdez is facing next is good too, though I've not watched him myself

Comment

Nietes stayed too long at the lower weights. A good fighter but at 35 missed out on fighting the big boys so we'll never know how good he was. Reveco will be a good fight, both outstanding but aging little guys who know how to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Remember when Mercito Gesta was supposed to be the next big thing?
                Thats right, him too, I forgot about him.

Comment

Not that he would be a P4P top 3 or anything, but they've got Super Flyweight Champion Jerwin Ancajas.

Comment

Working...
                  X