Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua has fought 2 live bodies and been wobbled by both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
    Those combinations that finished Wlad off in the eleventh round were Mike Tyson-Pinklon Thomas **** - when has Deonkay ever come close to throwing and landing something that clean and vicious with those sloppy ass windmills?

Comment

People need to remember how much of a novice AJ is compared to the guys he is fighting. He doesnt have the radar that you get from 20 years experience in tbe sport and sometimes he gets caught flush without taking any steam out of the shot. A lot of people used to point to the Nistor stoppage in the Ams. But if you watch that the pucnhes were huge and he literally did not see them coming. Tbh its a wonder he wasnt more hurt.

I always say the no.1 cause of a bad chin is a bad defence. At the moment, AJs D has a lot of work to be done.

From the ABAs, to World Champs, Olympics, to World level pro he has almost always been relying on his athleticism rather than his boxing ability. With time his skills will keep on improving and thats a scary thought

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        He has a weird reaction to being hurt. His legs seem solid enough and his eyes clear, but he just slows right down and takes a long time to get back up to speed

He's a flawed fighter for sure but will learn more tricks and instincts with experience, and at least we now know that he has the intangibles for world class boxing. And that he's always going to be great value for money
        Yes, all good points, but I am just not sold on Joshua.

I didn't think it was that fantastic of a fight, both looked sort of gun-shy with poor distance and timing.

Comment

I agree. He is great at knocking heavyweights out. He has a low work rate, poor stamina and and just average ability to take hard punches. His defense is just average at the top level. He may knock everybody out but he might also get outworked and lose on points or get knocked out himself. I no longer consider him a sure thing to beat guys Ortiz, Wilder and Fury.

Comment

Am actually more impressed with him now than before, he was faced with adversity and he came back to win, that for me is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Tyson Fury is Louis esque when it comes to power punching and finishing a hurt opponent
              Even though in the very quote I mention fury is only there to further facilitate the truth that the heavyweight division is not simply outmuscling guys ala Joshua's mauling

What I was trying to convey is that Joshua is a mauler I.e he has mainly relied on strength and overpowering guys and that is not a description of the division as there are plenty of guys that operate with clean tactically placed punches without rampaging through a guys defenses e.g. fighters that can fight long like wlad, wilder and fury.

Probably even ortiz at his shorter range.

That same mauling/rough style of joshua has gotten him in trouble vs all the live bodies he has fought, and whyte isn't exactly a physical monster in the division, nor is klitschko a vicious killer in the ring (in terms of finishing a guy). So aren't there concerns to be had vs powerful, live bodies who will come for blood in the division? Maube, maybe not, maybe who gives a fook, lets sweep this under the rug and pretend it never happened.

Not that I personally even care, having no dog in the division, I am just bored.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-01-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                I agree with the majority here.

It's clear AJ will need to work on his defence, if he's going to have a long reign a la Wladimir, but the fundamentals are there.

He surprised me on Saturday, and showed great heart to come back after what happened in the latter part of the fifth, and the knockdown in the sixth. Wladimir, too, for his age, looked in great shape, and proved many doubters wrong re. his chin/heart.

All in all, credit to both men.
                You owe me 100Tril Bitch!!!!! Pay up or fuck off.....

Comment

This is true, but he did come back and win both times and that says a lot about durability. It's hard for big guys to get themselves off that canvas. Yet, he did it and he suffered his first KD and came through with a win. I consider that very impressive.

In the future, though, he better protect that chin better and he better watch it on going for the KO and wearing himself out. I think wind is a bigger problem for him than chin.

Comment

You have a point but that could be irrelevant.

Look what the first two live opponents did to miguel cotto. Nearly knocked his ass out, much worse than what Joshua endured yet he proved that he can overcome adversity.

As long as somebody's shows the ability to fight back and win, that is all that matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X