No announcement yet.

The History Channel's Vikings is Secretly The Greatest Show on Television

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    its a great show. just remember its on history channel, not premium no holds bar uncensored hbo/showtime (whose shows right now are sucking massive balls) so score accordingly (no nudity (damn fcking shame) or curse words, limited blood and guts CGI but overall pretty good production value).
    I thought the Canadian telecasts show nudity. Can someone confirm this please?

Comment

• Oh ****. Gonna have to download this tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        I thought the Canadian telecasts show nudity. Can someone confirm this please?
        Some version of this show shows nudity cuz I saw Floki's wife's bush before in some other version of it.

Comment

• 4Corners

You watch it brutha? I'm digging Ivar cause of what a scmuck he is... Hoping we get at least one more Harbard apperance.

Comment

• i liked that all Ragnar's sons have each of their father's complex personality.

Ubbe looks like he has Ragnar's leadership qualities, Hvitserk's has the playful side, Sigurd's the more serious one & esp. Ivar got all the crazy, psychotic ones

OTOH, Bjorn has all Lagertha's qualities

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
              4Corners

You watch it brutha? I'm digging Ivar cause of what a scmuck he is... Hoping we get at least one more Harbard apperance.
              Definitely. I haven't been very active on here lately, sorry fellas lol

I thought it was a decent episode. They had to lay the groundwork and foundation of the new characters and what to expect. But what I loved......was the fact it was Vikings focused.

Season 4A jumped around a bit too much IMO. The best episodes were mainly Vikings focused, "A Good Treason", "Profit and the Loss", "The Last Ship".

Overall, you can tell Ivar is going to be the main guy, god forbid Ragnar dies on us this season, which I'm thinking is more and more likely. Here's to hoping he survives this season.

Ivar - Most interesting son by far, seems like he's going to be a dark character

Bjorn - Grown up Bjorn will be alright, but he can't carry a show. Serves better next to the main person, but he's come A LONG way since Season 2 when he was a teen still.

Ubbe - 2nd favorite newer son, he seems to have a moral compass, to balance the evil Ivar.

Hvisterk and Sigurd - Kind of meh sons, you can tell they will be primarily supporting people. Hvitserk seems alright, but god damn Sigurd.....he looks WAY TOO MUCH like Erlendur, Horiks son, to me.

Overall, I'm excited to see where this goes. Got a feeling Ragnar is going to be captured by Ecbert and defeated in Wessex, and his sons will have to return to fight for and rescue him.

Good news is hopefully there won't be meandering in France and England anymore, like we have in Season 4A. Cause if we go to England, Ragnar and Ivar will be there, as well as the rest of the sons later in the season presumably. If we go to France, Bjorn will be there on his way to the Mediterranean. And if we stay in Kattegat, Lagertha will be planning on taking it.

So I'm excited. I still think Seasons 2 and 3 are UNTOUCHABLE, and they will never top it.

What did you think of the episode and expectations for the rest of the season?

I'm starting to wonder when, if ever, King Harald Finehair is going to try and take over??? He seemed like he was introduced earlier in 4A to be a rival to Ragnar, much like Jarl Borg back in Season 2.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 12-05-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• We'll be seeing France and England this season. Rollo isn't out of the picture; I don't think they've written him off although France is a sideline to England now.

We all know about Ragnar's demise. It will be sad, but he intuitively knows what's coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Definitely. I haven't been very active on here lately, sorry fellas lol

I thought it was a decent episode. They had to lay the groundwork and foundation of the new characters and what to expect. But what I loved......was the fact it was Vikings focused.

Season 4A jumped around a bit too much IMO. The best episodes were mainly Vikings focused, "A Good Treason", "Profit and the Loss", "The Last Ship".

Overall, you can tell Ivar is going to be the main guy, god forbid Ragnar dies on us this season, which I'm thinking is more and more likely. Here's to hoping he survives this season.

Ivar - Most interesting son by far, seems like he's going to be a dark character

Bjorn - Grown up Bjorn will be alright, but he can't carry a show. Serves better next to the main person, but he's come A LONG way since Season 2 when he was a teen still.

Ubbe - 2nd favorite newer son, he seems to have a moral compass, to balance the evil Ivar.

Hvisterk and Sigurd - Kind of meh sons, you can tell they will be primarily supporting people. Hvitserk seems alright, but god damn Sigurd.....he looks WAY TOO MUCH like Erlendur, Horiks son, to me.

Overall, I'm excited to see where this goes. Got a feeling Ragnar is going to be captured by Ecbert and defeated in Wessex, and his sons will have to return to fight for and rescue him.

Good news is hopefully there won't be meandering in France and England anymore, like we have in Season 4A. Cause if we go to England, Ragnar and Ivar will be there, as well as the rest of the sons later in the season presumably. If we go to France, Bjorn will be there on his way to the Mediterranean. And if we stay in Kattegat, Lagertha will be planning on taking it.

So I'm excited. I still think Seasons 2 and 3 are UNTOUCHABLE, and they will never top it.

What did you think of the episode and expectations for the rest of the season?

I'm starting to wonder when, if ever, King Harald Finehair is going to try and take over??? He seemed like he was introduced earlier in 4A to be a rival to Ragnar, much like Jarl Borg back in Season 2.
                  I think Harald will def play a part in the downfall of Ragnar, unless he goes for Largetha first....

I agree with a lot of what you said, most of this show had to be introducing Ivar and the other kids. Didn't drag on too bad though, was a better episode then I had thought after last season was kinda a bummer for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                    I think Harald will def play a part in the downfall of Ragnar, unless he goes for Largetha first....

I agree with a lot of what you said, most of this show had to be introducing Ivar and the other kids. Didn't drag on too bad though, was a better episode then I had thought after last season was kinda a bummer for me.
                    Definitely. 4A IMO they tried to be too much like Game of Thrones, and while I think that's a solid good show mostly, Vikings isn't Game of Thrones, and vice versa.

They tried to have the Vikings plot, the France plot, the England plot, Bjorn in the wild plot, Lagertha and Kalf early on plot, etc.

And the Vikings legit weren't involved in France until Episode 7 really. And they weren't involved in England at all.

I'm hoping Bjorn picks up Rollo and the way to the Mediterranean and ****ing kills him lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                      We'll be seeing France and England this season. Rollo isn't out of the picture; I don't think they've written him off although France is a sideline to England now.

We all know about Ragnar's demise. It will be sad, but he intuitively knows what's coming.
                      Yeah but what seems promising is that when we go to England, Vikings will be there and involved. Where as 4A legit 1/3 of the entire season was England plotting and scheming with ZERO Viking presence.

We'll see France because it seemed from the commercials that Bjorn will need Rollo's help in securing passage to the Mediterranean. But again, Bjorn and Floki will be there.

What Seasons 1, 2, and 3 got right was we didn't spend useless time in England or France, or time where we were just watching them while Vikings were chilling at home. The Vikings were there when we saw them, mostly.

4A the Vikings didn't go to England, and didn't meet up with the French until Episode 7.

Comment

Working...
                      X