Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-05-2016, 03:20 PM #141
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 906 Post(s)
eco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,984,218.32
Total Points: 10,016,074,574.42
Thx for the kind words.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx thanks bro - Sterling Archer Im not a nazi, u wacko.  Thats what u are, idiot. - HAMMER77777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post
He sucks. Made a name for himself for beating Leonard once and saying No Mas in the rematch. This bum lost all of his big fights except the first Sugar Ray one and a split decision to Iran Barkley. Lost to Hagler, Benitez, Hearns, Leonard twice. He's praised for what? his losses? 103-16 in a resume that's more padded with bums than Margarito's gloves were padded with plaster. I rather praise Arturo Gatti and his ability to get people paychecks by being their punching bag on TV, than praising Roberto "Manos de Mierda" Duran. Duran is loved because he was a God at losing big fights. I sound mad? yes I am because there is a lot hypocrisy going on, on this forum. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Go watch ballet. You are clearly an idiot who doesn't know ****.
Want to do some research about the "no mas"

I am from the Caribbean and part of my family was attached to the Government down there at that time.

We all knew the second fight was going to go down the drain, lot's of people made money out of it.

Omar Torrijo's brother did bet against Duran.

This is what no one ever tells.

Durán is one of the best ever.
eco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-05-2016, 03:21 PM #142
!! Shown

Quoted: 604 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 735,660,123,579,135.50
Total Points: 735,723,527,553,014.50
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power No Message - whoelsebutjames 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Good post but once again we are debating the very best fighter of all time. You can not be a top P4P fighter of all time only dominating one division IMO. You must strive to be better and fight outside of your natural weight and Duran wasn't able to continue that greatness. Like you said he was the smaller and weaker man in the rings versus those guys the same holds true against most of Durans opponents in the lightweight division.
Dominating one division so completely, then moving up two weights, and beating an absolute PRIME SRL puts you on that short list.
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:21 PM #143
32 Time World Champion

Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute-PBP- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,398,726,545,919,627,264.00
Total Points: 24,398,735,776,920,489,984.00
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Bo Jackson tecmo bowl lol - El-blanco I went to see a moving picture the other day. - Vegemil 

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
The OTs. Original tards of NSB.

Funny to see this **** been going on since 2009.
-PBP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:25 PM #144
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 906 Post(s)
eco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond reputeeco1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,984,218.32
Total Points: 10,016,074,574.42
Thx for the kind words.  Cheers. - Redd Foxx thanks bro - Sterling Archer Im not a nazi, u wacko.  Thats what u are, idiot. - HAMMER77777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
They just gave you a list of fighters he beat, notable wins. Seriously, Duran would KO Godzilla if he was to invade Panama, plus he was of Mexican blood so that makes him the toughest man to ever walk the planet....

I have boxing gloves older than you, seriously.
LOL, one of the best replies ever!
I agree!
eco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:30 PM #145
deicide

Quoted: 5822 Post(s)
-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 497,653,296,026,650,536,837,120.00
Total Points: 497,788,122,804,258,412,167,168.00
Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair that shit was funny bro :lol1: I literally cracked up - -jose- 
Congrats on the Raiders homey! - Mike D congrats.on your first win - -jose- Merry Christmas -MAK - -jose- Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thank You for the Info - Enayze 
Thanks Mak. You are a legend mate - 1lparm you deserve an ice cream cone after that good deed - -jose- cheers to a fellow Pac fan and all around great poster - Mike D SportsCenter huh ? LMAO ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Keep this between me and you but that post you put on the Cotto lil brother/Canelo thread almost made my Dunkaccino come out my nose :lol1: - -jose- 
No green...Yeah I know.....Typical ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Random beer while I'm passing through. - ßringer Medal of Honor - jazluvr Merry Christmas MAK... - TBear Sorry to hear about you Aunt - HughJass 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

goddamn Kev...you've been in college for like 7yrs now with your Vinny Pazienza ass
-MAKAVELLI- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:00 PM #146
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2076 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,473,838.91
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

If Floyd beats GGG at 160 then he can then be mentioned in the same breath as Duran.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:44 AM #147
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 629,700,717,025,277.25
Total Points: 629,700,817,745,980.38
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
If Floyd beats GGG at 160 then he can then be mentioned in the same breath as Duran.
No.........

Good to see this thread revived
Check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:03 AM #148
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2082 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 142,059,729,731,074,981,888.00
Total Points: 145,979,169,394,184,028,160.00
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 

All I will say is...Duran's fights against Cuevas told me enough about Duran that his name belongs at or near the top of most any list of the best. That fight showcased Duran at his absolute best. He was so well rounded and had few flaws in his game.

The only time Duran was ever outmatched was when his opponent had superior ring intelligence, which didn't happen often even in later years when he switched his style and lowered his aggression. Hearns just outranged him.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:19 PM #149
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 4499 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,000,058,110,556,514,304.00
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword Top Rated Poster - ironmt BOOOOOOOOMB SQUUUAAAAAAAAAAD - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyRoy 88 View Post
He sucks. Made a name for himself for beating Leonard once and saying No Mas in the rematch. This bum lost all of his big fights except the first Sugar Ray one and a split decision to Iran Barkley. Lost to Hagler, Benitez, Hearns, Leonard twice. He's praised for what? his losses? 103-16 in a resume that's more padded with bums than Margarito's gloves were padded with plaster. I rather praise Arturo Gatti and his ability to get people paychecks by being their punching bag on TV, than praising Roberto "Manos de Mierda" Duran. Duran is loved because he was a God at losing big fights. I sound mad? yes I am because there is a lot hypocrisy going on, on this forum. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Duran had an extended run at LW and dominated the division. Yes there weren't exactly great fighters at 135 in the 70s but he disposed of most of them like he was a level above, which he was. Then, at WW, he beat one of the greatest fighters in his prime. Sadly, after that, I agree, he does get overrated.

I also agree that Duran lost his biggest fights (Hearns, Benitez, Leonard 2/3, Hagler and so on) but he managed to stage a number of come backs, beat a handful of bigger opponents and actually beat a good, bigger man in Barkley. Not to mention that he had a terrific skill level, great offense, good in defense and terrific footwork in his prime years.

It's difficult to rank Duran though, is he top 10? He lacks in the win column when comparing to the likes of Ali, Robinson, Charles, Leonard and a few others. Top 20? That starts to make more sense but then people may argue certain other fighters won bigger fights and more titles. It's a tricky situation but when we decide to forget the rankings, there is no denying Duran is a truly great fighter.
soul_survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:22 PM #150
BigDaddy

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Daddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond reputeDaddy T has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,545,571,276,685.34
Total Points: 7,759,621,410,872.30
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas knows his boxing - jas 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Can the mods please introduce insta-bans for these twats that go round robin posting these Roberto Duran hate threads?
Daddy T is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
duran, overrated, roberto

User Tag List