Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. on Roach Admitting Floyd Jr. is The Era's Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    JMM ICED Manny at the same weight Floyd shut him out at. So was it the weight, or was it that he fought a better fighter in Floyd than he did with Manny?

Manny fought Morales smack in the middle of a 1-5 streak. His only win was against Manny. And Manny's wins over him were sandwiched between loses to Barrera, Zahir Raheem, and David Diaz. So exactly how qre those quality wins?

The first Barrera win was a quality win. But it did come after it qaa disclosed that Barrera had had head surgery. The second fight Barrera was coming off a loss to JMM.

I've listed names to support my argument. Outside of Zab, who has Floyd fought coming off a loss? As for Floyd everyone Floyd has fought that were never good or old or whatever. Take away the three amigos, who has Manny beaten? DLH? Fought him years after Floyd. Hatton? Fought him after Floyd. Mosley? Fought him after Floyd. I'm still trying to figure out how Manny's resume is better than Floyd's based on more than your same, old, tired, Floyd fought old guys, green guys, guys that were overrated, blah, blah, blah. Come with facts homie. I'm sure you have facts, and not just delusional fanboy hate to support your opinion.
    Hugh, give it up man, you're getting rinsed.......... on second thought........

(goes off to get popcorn)

Comment

JMM ICED Manny at the same weight Floyd shut him out at. So was it the weight, or was it that he fought a better fighter in Floyd than he did with Manny?

Manny fought Morales smack in the middle of a 1-5 streak. His only win was against Manny. And Manny's wins over him were sandwiched between loses to Barrera, Zahir Raheem, and David Diaz. So exactly how qre those quality wins?

The first Barrera win was a quality win. But it did come after it qaa disclosed that Barrera had had head surgery. The second fight Barrera was coming off a loss to JMM.

I've listed names to support my argument. Outside of Zab, who has Floyd fought coming off a loss? As for Floyd everyone Floyd has fought that were never good or old or whatever. Take away the three amigos, who has Manny beaten? DLH? Fought him years after Floyd. Hatton? Fought him after Floyd. Mosley? Fought him after Floyd. I'm still trying to figure out how Manny's resume is better than Floyd's based on more than your same, old, tired, Floyd fought old guys, green guys, guys that were overrated, blah, blah, blah. Come with facts homie. I'm sure you have facts, and not just delusional fanboy hate to support your opinion.
      Yes, Floyd bloated jmm up and by the time jmm beat PAC he had acclimatized and he was PACs kryptonite. Floyd only did well because jmm had trained how to beat pac who fought totaaly different to floyd.Floyd avoids fighter who would trouble him ie khan, GGG. He waits till hatton struggles before fighting him. He fights dlh coming off loss not far off losing to BH. Makes dlh look like a million dollars, whilst pac makes him look like the has been he was. Pac beats hatton at his best weight. Just co Floyd beat dld and hatton before PAC doesn't mean they are better more worthwhile wins?

Or floyd fights guys just never that good in first placed, be it baldomir, Ortiz or berto or guerro. Continually avoided fights by saying they are wrong network. In his prime bloated guys up like jmm and fighting olg guys like SSM, whilst Duran was fighting hagler. Now Floyd is too old to take risks like Duran did?
      Floyd is arguably the best of this era, alongside PAC sand BH that is a great achievement.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 12-30-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I've listed names to support my argument. Outside of Zab, who has Floyd fought coming off a loss? As for Floyd everyone Floyd has fought that were never good or old or whatever. Take away the three amigos, who has Manny beaten? DLH? Fought him years after Floyd. Hatton? Fought him after Floyd. Mosley? Fought him after Floyd. I'm still trycquiao.ing to figure out how Manny's resume is better than Floyd's based on more than your same, old, tired, Floyd fought old guys, green guys, guys that were overrated, blah, blah, blah. Come with facts homie. I'm sure you have facts, and not just delusional fanboy hate to support your opinion.
        Morales lost a controversial decision to Barrera, then he defeated Pacquiao. Morales then lost a decision to Raheem. Next Pacquiao beat Morales by TKO and in their final meeting KO'd Eric. BTW the TKO was the first time Morales was stopped and the KO was the first time he was knocked out. I'd call those wins impressive but i guess I'm easily impressed. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Yes, Floyd bloated jmm up band by the time jmm beat PAC he had acclimatized and he was PACs kryptonite. Floyd only did well because jmm had trained how to beat pac who fought totaaly different to floyd.Floyd avoids fighter who would trouble him ie khan, GGG. He waits till hatton struggles before fighting him. He fights dlh coming off loss not far off losing to BH. Makes dlh look like a million dollars, whilst pac makes him look like the has been he was. Pac beats hatton at his best weight. Or floyd fights guys just never that good in first placed, be it baldomir, Ortiz or berto or guerro. Continually avoided fights by saying they are wrong network. In his prime bloated guys up like jmm and fighting olg guys like SSM, whilst Duran was fighting hagler. Now Floyd is too old to take risks like Duran did?
          Floyd is arguably the best of this era, alongside PAC sand BH that is a great achievement.
          Make so much about Floyd bringing Marquez up, but makes no mention of weight when Pacquiao fought DLH. Did Pacquiao fight DLH at 154lbs? Hell, did he fight anyone at 154lbs (remember he ducked Cotto at the weight, which is the only reason he fought Marquez a 4th time - and got laid out like a cheap rug)? Floyd didn't wait until Hatton struggled. He offered Hatton a unification fight after whipping Gatti. Hatton and his team "wanted more time", to face comedy champ Carlos Maussa and try and make money fighting Gatti (until Baldomir ruined the plan). I distinctly remember that the Mosley fight was the one EVERYONE was screaming for. Floyd was widely called scared to face Mosley (even though he'd offered Mosley a fight in 06, but Mosley needed the dentist). He became "old" immediately after losing, but somehow "dangerous despite being even older when Pacquiao (finally) decided to fight him.

You have been given the cold hard facts and still refuse to answer what Bradley had done at 147lbs that made him sucha good win for Pacquiao. So I'm asking too. What did he do? Answer the question before you come up with more (misinformed) drivel which are just opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            Floyd did in one fight against Marquez what Pacquiao couldn't do in 4.
            Floyd had the obvious size and weight advantage since Marquez had just moved up to 135 from 130. Marquez only fought twice at 135, never at 140 and never at 147. What Floyd did was agree to a CW of 144 then pay Marquez money to come in heavier. The fight was a sham.

So the thing that will come out of this when looking and analyzing Floyd's fights and wins is a big * (asterisks). Floyd made sure that all the odds were on his side.

Its like a good athlete using PEDs. It just makes them better....... and with the IV scandal and Memo being consulted, ..... well, just add 1+1 and let me know what you get!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
              Make so much about Floyd bringing Marquez up, but makes no mention of weight when Pacquiao fought DLH. Did Pacquiao fight DLH at 154lbs? Hell, did he fight anyone at 154lbs (remember he ducked Cotto at the weight, which is the only reason he fought Marquez a 4th time - and got laid out like a cheap rug)? Floyd didn't wait until Hatton struggled. He offered Hatton a unification fight after whipping Gatti. Hatton and his team "wanted more time", to face comedy champ Carlos Maussa and try and make money fighting Gatti (until Baldomir ruined the plan). I distinctly remember that the Mosley fight was the one EVERYONE was screaming for. Floyd was widely called scared to face Mosley (even though he'd offered Mosley a fight in 06, but Mosley needed the dentist). He became "old" immediately after losing, but somehow "dangerous despite being even older when Pacquiao (finally) decided to fight him.

You have been given the cold hard facts and still refuse to answer what Bradley had done at 147lbs that made him sucha good win for Pacquiao. So I'm asking too. What did he do? Answer the question before you come up with more (misinformed) drivel which are just opinions.
              Floyd's never tried to outdo PAC at anything He just mostly tried preserving the zero. Not fighting hatton at 140 whilst pac does! How was pac to know hatton would crumble so easy? At least pac took the risk! Dlh was 154, but dlh was past prime coming of loss to bh. And whoever said dlh was a monster st 154? Hardly a GGG. Dlh was better at147, just outgrown division. Nobody was to know he couldnt perrform at 147 when PAC stepped up 2 divisions to face him when has Floyd ever did that?
              Last edited by hugh grant; 12-31-2015, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• We all knew Roach would come to his senses. Just didn't know it would take as long. Thought he would have said it when May was 28-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  We all knew Roach would come to his senses. Just didn't know it would take as long. Thought he would have said it when May was 28-0.
                  Roach just being nice to get rematch but says with2 arms pac beats floyd in the same breath
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 12-31-2015, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Floyd's never tried to outdo PAC at anything He just mostly tried preserving the zero. Not fighting hatton at 140 whilst pac does! How was pac to know hatton would crumble so easy? At least pac took the risk! Dlh was 154, but dlh was past prime coming of loss to bh. And whoever said dlh was a monster st 154? Hardly a GGG. Dlh was better at147, just outgrown division. Nobody was to know he couldnt perrform at 147 when PAC stepped up 2 divisions to face him when has Floyd ever did that?
                    Again, not fighting Hatton at 147lbs wasn't due to a lack of effort, but HATTON'S unwillingness to take the risk not Floyd's. Floyd didn't take a risk fighting DLH in a division where he had been for 7+ years (and where he had a 10lbs weight advantage) , because he'd lost to Hopkins a couple of fights back. But Pacquiao took a risk fighting Hatton at 147lbs where there was no massive weight difference between the two- even though Hatton had recently lost (to Mayweather) too. You keep leaving out vital facts that destroy your own arguments. At that point DLH was not better at 147lbs and Roach knew it. For Floyd, it was never about "out doing" Pacquiao, just winning fights. Something he did his whole pro career, including against Pacquiao.

Again, who had Tim Bradley beaten at 147lbs to make him such a great win, as oppose to Canelo? He didn't beat anyone at 147lbs, Algeri didn't beat anyone at 147lbs and Rios didn't beat anyone at 147lbs. You keep getting given facts, but you've already stated in your comical previous posts, that facts mean nothing to you. You're a joke and so are your posts.

Comment

Roach just being nice to get rematch but says with2 arms pac beats floyd in the same breath
                      Pac had two arms. If they hadn't made that poor attempt to save face, no one would've mentioned it out of pure observation. It's a pathetic excuse that tarnished Pac in my eyes more than any knockout Marquez laid on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X