Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far can Callum Smith go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a bit of luck we might get Buglioni v Smith this time next year; Hearn and Warren don't seem averse to doing business with each other when the money is right and I really like this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
      With a bit of luck we might get Buglioni v Smith this time next year; Hearn and Warren don't seem averse to doing business with each other when the money is right and I really like this fight.
      Throw in Rocky from Stocky & Eubank Jnr & you have an era that could be a lite version of the old Benn, Eubank, Watson etc days. I say lite because of tv exposure not because of the calibre of the fighters.

Include George Groves (who might have a head start but is a similar age to most) and the middleweights Saunders, Ryder, Etches & Blackwell & you have a lot of decent fighters of a similar age & weight there.

Exciting times if the fights can be made.

Comment

At least European title. I'd be pissed if I was Callum and didn't manage to get further than Paul who doesn't look like he has half the natural talent of the younger brother.

Comment

Having seen most of their fights, i think Buglioni has a very poor defence. He needs to work hard and improve it before he steps up. He is young and Warren didn't put Paul Smith in with anyone decent for years. I think Buglioni is one of his long term projects. Won't risk him too early.

Comment

European level no further he aint nothing much

All them brothers are average really

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltonCardel View Post
              European level no further he aint nothing much

All them brothers are average really
              I think European level is excellent. Much further than you or I could hope to achieve.

Comment

He looks like a strong prospect, but atm he's walking guys down from the first bell. Its hard to say how good he is when he's not getting touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1889 View Post
                  He looks like a strong prospect, but atm he's walking guys down from the first bell. Its hard to say how good he is when he's not getting touched.
                  Would love to see how he would cope getting pushed backwards.

Comment

What worries me is he's under the tutelage of Gallagher who just employs a high guard defence.

What I would give for a defensively astute British trainer...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      What worries me is he's under the tutelage of Gallagher who just employs a high guard defence.

What I would give for a defensively astute British trainer...
                      At least he is freakishly tall though.

What the hell happened with Stephen Smith? He must have gotten bullied.

Comment

Working...
                      X