Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Confident: I'm Going To Take Alexander Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook Confident: I'm Going To Take Alexander Out!

Unbeaten welterweight Kell Brook is ready to fulfil a childhood dream having finally secured his world-title shot against IBF champion Devon Alexander in the new year.

The 26-year-old Sheffield fighter will take on the American in Las Vegas on January 19 after promoter Eddie Hearn successfully negotiated with Alexander's team.

Brook (29-0, 19 KOs) has gradually manoeuvred himself into the mandatory challenger position with a series of solid wins over the last 18 months and gets his reward when he takes on decent but unspectacular champion Alexander, 25, in the United States.

The Yorkshireman said: "We're finally there. This is what I've dreamed of since I was nine years old - fighting for the world title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder how many fans alexander will bring with him

Comment

Hopefully Brook retires Devon, he would do boxing a favor. Nobody likes Alexander.

Comment

Well he better....

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          I wonder how many fans alexander will bring with him
          I'm making the trip with a few others to watch Devon end the hype job that is Kell Brook. So he will at least have some there to cheer him on.

I fully expect Devon to outwork Brook. His speed and movement will give Brook trouble all night and his underrated power will shock him as well. Alexander by a wide UD with a knock down or two in there.

WAR ALEXANDER!

Comment

well somebody needs to, hes boring as ****

Comment

Hopefully so.

We'd like to see exciting title fights moving forward, Alexander doesn't do those. I think he'll even make this one boring, but the only thing that matters is Brook getting the W.

Comment

If Brook comes looking for a KO or trying to impress he's gonna be in for a long night.

I can see Brook getting a KD at most. With that said, I hope he whoops the **** out of Alexander. Hes wack and annoying as Hell with his little girl grunting. Cunningham is annoying as **** too.

And lol @ the dude calling Brook a hypejob... FYI your boy is a quitter. Brook at least had the balls to fight thru with a broken nose and a very rough fight. Just saying. I'm sorry to hear you're wasting your money on a quitter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

MGM grand? Why? I hate seeing crowds only 20-30% full

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    If Brook comes looking for a KO or trying to impress he's gonna be in for a long night.

I can see Brook getting a KD at most. With that said, I hope he whoops the **** out of Alexander. Hes wack and annoying as Hell with his little girl grunting. Cunningham is annoying as **** too.

And lol @ the dude calling Brook a hypejob... FYI your boy is a quitter. Brook at least had the balls to fight thru with a broken nose and a very rough fight. Just saying. I'm sorry to hear you're wasting your money on a quitter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Whatever man, I support my guys. At least Devon has the balls to fight the best every time he steps in the ring, regardless of what you think of the outcomes.

Brook hasn't proven himself against top opposition, Devon has. Say what you want about him being boring or quitting, but his abilities are severely underestimated on here.

The dude was 23 when the whole Bradley fight went down, what was Brook doing 3 years ago? He certainly wasn't unifying a division against a top 10 p4p guy like Devon was. I gave Devon crap at the time too, but that doesn't mean he can't redeem himself as a fighter.
                    Last edited by turkas; 12-03-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X