Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamel Herring told me on YouTube (no joke) that Berchelt is ducking the unification!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested.

Update: Herring responded some more to my comments

Me: Herring I know it might be too much to ask of you, but it would also be awesome if you can maybe fight Farmer in a unification if Top Rank and DAZN work together. I know Davis probably won't fight you since he doesn't like challenges. Or possibly even a future showdown with Lomachenko at 135. Keep your head up champ �� still big fights for you on the horizon

Herring: I think those fights can be made. I even called for a Cancio fight since the word is Tank is moving up which would more than likely make Cancio the full champion.

Comment

Yeah, I love unifications, but I feel like stylistically that wouldn't be an appealing matchup. Would rather see Herring have a homecoming fight against his mandatory challenger Roach, think that's a decent and very winnable fight for Herring

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Exactly but I think he understands that my genuine opinions on the outcome of the fight don't affect how I feel about a fighter. Like I stated I think Herring is a great dude and an underrated boxer. I also think Berchelt would KO Davis, it's just my opinion on how the fight would play out. Really nice guy, herring!
        Yeah I agree, a lot of fighters would have turned on you for picking against them, some of them are so sensitive on social media that it’s embarrassing.

Berchelt is the #1 at 130 from my perspective. Him vs Davis is a 50/50 fight though IMO, I’d maybe lean towards Tank as I think his hand-speed could cause Berchelt a lot of problems. I’d love to see that fight but we all know it’s unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Comment

Slick fighters are usually kryptonite to the Mexican style. Just sayin'.

Comment

So out of nowhere I see a message pop up that Jamel Herring just responded to me on a comment I left on a post-fight YouTube vid of his fight with Ito. I thought it must be some fan-account or something, but I clicked on his name and it turned out it's actually him...

Me: "Great guy but I think Berchelt knocks him out. Berchelt is not one dimensional at all like Ito. But idk how good Berchelt does against a boxer who is a southpaw like Herring. I hope we will see it next!"
            Herring: "the funny thing is Berchelt chose to move on... he doesn’t want to fight, so I’m stuck fighting my mandatory challenger as of now."
            Me: "Damn Herring is that really you?! It's awesome that you respond to YouTube comments 👍👍 good luck in the future champ!! 🥊🥊 disappointing to hear the Berchelt fight isn't happening. Why doesn't he want it? Can you give me some more info?"
            Herring: "I respect Berchelt. I know it won’t be a easy fight and he’s top in the division for a reason but the word around is that he doesn’t want the fight solely due to my style of fighting. I KNOW he’s a big puncher so you can’t expect me to sit there in front of him all night. I’d resort to boxing all night. If he look at his past fights, his opponents made the mistake of trying to go toe to toe. He knows I won’t fall for that trap so as of now the fight won’t happen. Maybe in 2020 brother."

So yeah I thought it was pretty interesting to share with you guys.

Disappointing that Berchelt apparently doesn't want the fight. Didn't expect him to be that way
            Interesting ? That's cool as heck dude ! Insane.

Did he respond to anyone else ? He has an awesome story. I'm a fellow Marine Corps brother, and I wonder if he'd chat me up. I might try ... Social media age man, I tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
              Interesting ? That's cool as heck dude ! Insane.

Did he respond to anyone else ? He has an awesome story. I'm a fellow Marine Corps brother, and I wonder if he'd chat me up. I might try ... Social media age man, I tell ya.
              You can go to the video I linked in the OP, go to my comment, tell your story and see if he will respond to you. He is a real nice guy so I'm sure he would!

Comment

You can go to the video I linked in the OP, go to my comment, tell your story and see if he will respond to you. He is a real nice guy so I'm sure he would!
                Thanks for sharing all that btw.
                Peace.

Comment

Working...
                X