Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guinness Makes An Error About Pacquiao's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No but .. but... enlighten me.. how doez he have 8 titlezz. I mean after 11 pages of peoplez exposing me I still wantz to behh enlightenezzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      well the ring belt has been official since the 20's man
      They have their own version of a lineal champion. The middleweight division for example... there is

Pirog WBO champion
      Chavez Jr. WBC champion
      Sturm WBA champion
      Martinez is only the Ring champion.

So somebody can come through and beat Martinez and win a title from a magazine... and this is a "world champion"? It's an AWARD... not an official world title. This is even acknowledged by Top Rank themselves.... i don't understand what people are confused about.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        Like i said this is subjective. Why? Because the ring belt is never stripped. Michael Spinks had the IBF title, but he was stripped, because he REFUSED to fight TOny TUcker who was undefeated at the time. In fact, he was the guy that guy that gave Tyson the most problems at the time and took him 12 rounds and nicked four rounds from him.

Essentially, a ring champ or lineal champ is never stripped. Sometimes, they have legit reasons to ignore a mandatory defense, other times they get stripped for flat out ducking.

Tyson had the WBC,WBA, and IBF titles and he also beat Larry Holmes the guy many felt was the real champ after losing the gift decision to Spinks in the rematch.

Like i said, after 91 seconds Spinks and his "lineal" title were finally gone after ducking Tucker and getting his gift rematch win.
        All of those good points aside, he was still the man that beat the man and was yet to be beaten.

So, in result, Spinks being the Lineal Champion at the time was not subjective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
          They have their own version of a lineal champion. The middleweight division for example... there is

Pirog WBO champion
          Chavez Jr. WBC champion
          Sturm WBA champion

So somebody can come through and beat Martinez and win a title from a magazine... and this is a "world champion"? It's an AWARD... not an official world title. This is even acknowledged by Top Rank themselves.... i don't understand what people are confused about.
          wow man you are slow..martinez is the lineal champ he beat pavlik,who beat taylor who beat hopkins..whats wrong with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post

Pirog WBO champion
            Chavez Jr. WBC champion
            Sturm WBA champion

So you're denying that Martinez is a World Champion at MW currently?

Not only is he a world champion, he's THE World Champion.

If someone were to beat Martinez at Middleweight then yes they would be a World Champion. The world champion, infact.

Comment

The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing has Pac only with 6 titles also. Didn't read this entire thread, so pardon if i repeated that.

The Ring belt is always been a polarizing issue with fans. For example, Mike Tyson even after he won world titles from Berbick(WBC), Bonecrusher Smith (WBA), and Tucker (IBF) didn't beat Spinks who was the RIng (lineal) champ. So some regarded Spinks who beat larry Holmes (although i thought he loss rematch) as the true HW champion.

After Tyson finished Spinks in 91 seconds than he was finally the undisputed champion.

I just go by the four major sanctioning bodies, but i won't lose sleep if you want to add the lineal title, its very subjective.
              Erik Morales, who has never even won a fight at 140, just won a vacant WBC 140 title against Cano, the WBC ranked 21st guy, and yet the RING is subjective?

Comment

• It's clear the only people regarding the Ring as an official world title is boxing fans. Promoters, however, understand that if their fighter wins a Ring title, he has not won an official world title. That's why, for example, Top Rank, did not count it for Pacquiao.

Comment

Like i said this is subjective. Why? Because the ring belt is never stripped. Michael Spinks had the IBF title, but he was stripped, because he REFUSED to fight TOny TUcker who was undefeated at the time. In fact, he was the guy that gave Tyson the most problems at the time and took him 12 rounds and nicked four rounds from him.

Essentially, a ring champ or lineal champ is never stripped. Sometimes, they have legit reasons to ignore a mandatory defense, other times they get stripped for flat out ducking.

Tyson had the WBC,WBA, and IBF titles and he also beat Larry Holmes the guy many felt was the real champ after losing the gift decision to Spinks in the rematch.

Like i said, after 91 seconds Spinks and his "lineal" title were finally gone after ducking Tucker and getting his gift rematch win.
                  Stripped of what? Its a title, the lineal title. There is no mandatory defense or any of that crap

You lose the title once you retire or change weight classes.

Do you know that there hasnt been a Bantamweight lineal champ since Pinango in 1987?

Comment

The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing has Pac only with 6 titles also. Didn't read this entire thread, so pardon if i repeated that.

The Ring belt is always been a polarizing issue with fans. For example, Mike Tyson even after he won world titles from Berbick(WBC), Bonecrusher Smith (WBA), and Tucker (IBF) didn't beat Spinks who was the RIng (lineal) champ. So some regarded Spinks who beat larry Holmes (although i thought he loss rematch) as the true HW champion.

After Tyson finished Spinks in 91 seconds than he was finally the undisputed champion.

I just go by the four major sanctioning bodies, but i won't lose sleep if you want to add the lineal title, its very subjective.
                    He wasnt "the"champ until he beat Spinks=fact..Lineal title>>>>abc belts

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Erik Morales, who has never even won a fight at 140, just won a vacant WBC 140 title against Cano, the WBC ranked 21st guy, and yet the RING is subjective?
                      i am not defending the WBC. In fact, it was obvious that they had their hands in getting Saul Alvarez, Chavez, and Morales titles due to their linkage to Mexico.

Martinez getting stripped by the WBC for failing to fight Zbik was obviously a ploy to get Chavez an easy opponent.

Morales was suppose to fight Matthysse, yet that fight never happened as GBP probably gave him step aside money and he pretended to be injured.

The subjective part is that there are so many intangibles in determining what should be considered real champions.

THere are many times where the RIng belt which is now owned by GBP has exercised poor judgment. Pavlik flat out ducked Paul Williams with staph infections, and even missed doctor appointments, despite being idle he never had to worry about being stripped, it never happens with the lineal title.

If you want to count the WBC,WBA, IBF, and Ring/Lineal as all legit than its fine. But than sometimes you get fighters that are IBO or NABO titles that have been more active and fought better competition than some of the "legit" champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X