Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG Says "Andre Ward Legitimately Defeated Kovalev, Was Better"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Great fighters recognize great performances

so now golovkin is a great fighter

holy **** i can't take it . i just can't

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

At first Golovkin was a HBO made hype job for the casuals. Now GGG is a great fighter. These guys are flip flopping like crazy!

Comment

Canelo has withdrawn from Vada testing for the Golovkin fight.
        http://vada-testing.org/saul-alvarez/

Comment

Pretty sure most people acknowledge Golovkin as one of the greatest fighters in the world. Now there are trolls around here that'll say otherwise but PBP isn't really one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Pretty sure most people acknowledge Golovkin as one of the greatest fighters in the world. Now there are trolls around here that'll say otherwise but PBP isn't really one.

that guy is 100% the biased fanboy that ruins this place. i have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

that guy is 100% the biased fanboy that ruins this place. i have no idea what you are talking about
              There's plenty of bias around here from ALL sides. Doesn't really change what I said.

Comment

Last edited by maracho; 06-26-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  At first Golovkin was a HBO made hype job for the casuals. Now GGG is a great fighter. These guys are flip flopping like crazy!
                  I have this dude so butthurt from continuously owning him on here.

But for the sake of entertainment, I will reply.

Myth

PBP thinks Golovkin is an overrated hypejob

Fact

PBP thinks Golovkin is an incredibly skilled fighter as demonstrated numerous times:

When asked if Golovkin's skills were underrated, the knowledgable PBP replied as follows:

Not by me. He's a very smart counter puncher who does a great job of neutralizing his opponents jab by parrying and returning his own jab or going over top or underneath with an uppercut.
                  When Golovkin was being ducked, PBP made a thread discussing "The Price of Being Too Good". As demonstrated below:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=703989

In another thread about Golovkin's skills, PBP was so fascinated with Golovkin's technique and explained the following:

Power and chin? Really? This place is getting boring.

How about his ability to set traps, neutralize his opponents jab, counter and control range? Margarito had power and a chin.

Golovkins power isn't what makes him who he is. He's got a very diverse and creative offensive aresenal and is very tricky. It's rare you have a fighter that excels as both a pressure fighter, counter puncher and can box at range behind his jab.

See the difference? Now use my explanation with your title. The most comparable from a historical perspective who had those similar attributes to me would be Chavez Sr.

Now this just touches the tip of the iceberg. PBP studies Golovkin as he is one of the most skilled and entertaining fighters in the sport of boxing. So let's get to the real fundamental issues here.

The above posters are race baiters who categorize black posters into one category and try to paint them as biased and racist trolls.

I excuse your ignorance. Now make me a sandwich bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                    If you watch the fight you'll notice just how baggy Kov's pants were up top especially compared to Ward's. It gave the illusion he was hit low but the reality of it is that Ward's glove caught the material and clearly hit the belt line which Weeks said is legal.

This is concrete evidence that Ward beat him legitimately.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      If you watch the fight you'll notice just how baggy Kov's pants were up top especially compared to Ward's. It gave the illusion he was hit low but the reality of it is that Ward's glove caught the material and clearly hit the belt line which Weeks said is legal.

This is concrete evidence that Ward beat him legitimately.
                      That's probably what the NSAC saw too. Some people aren't looking at things with a careful eye and just assume something is low because it appears so. Kovalev bending over and leaning forward also exaggerates the illusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X