Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Jerry Quarry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali took Quarry out in 3, Frazier took Quarry out in 7 so I don't see why Foreman couldn't.

Foreman wins pretty early.

Comment

I say Foreman in 5 when Quarry cant take any more bombs from Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
        Ali took Quarry out in 3, Frazier took Quarry out in 7 so I don't see why Foreman couldn't.

Because quite often, Styles make fights, my friend.

I'm not saying for sure Quarry would beat Foreman; but I do give him a helluva chance to counter-punch big George to death. Quarry had a great chin and if a cut didn't open up...a big if...Quarry could, very conceivably, take Geroge into the middle or later rounds...which is quite possibly where George's "parachute wouldn't open," to use an Ali-ism.
        Last edited by K-DOGG; 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Because quite often, Styles make fights, my friend.
          Indeed, and Quarry was a fairly small guy who was fearless and cut easy - which leads me to the conclusion that he wouldn't last against Foreman.

Comment

It took Ali 7 rounds in their rematch. Quarry probably got stronger/better after their first match.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
              I didn't know Foreman was scared of Frazier. Interesting.
              you can see it in the first fight, foremans very tight a cautious untill he feels one frasiers hooks then foreman lets RIPP!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled HK
                Who would win if they fight? Why did George Foreman openly dodged Jerry Quarry? Did Foreman think he could not beat Quarry?
                foreman would have beaten him but it would not have been easy. quarry was a brilliant counter puncher, as long as he wasn't scared of foreman he would release nice straght punches right inside foremans hooks

Comment

It took Ali 7 rounds in their rematch. Quarry probably got stronger/better after their first match.
                  Or Ali got worse...

Comment

Or Ali got worse...

No, the first fight was stopped when Ali cut Quarry to the bone (literally)with a series of punches. Quarry just got beat up in the rematch.

Comment

No, the first fight was stopped when Ali cut Quarry to the bone (literally)with a series of punches. Quarry just got beat up in the rematch.
                      Wasn't Quarry getting knocked about in the first fight a lot? Did he go down?
                      I haven't seen either of the fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X