Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else going to be the lone boxing guy at the party Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else going to be the lone boxing guy at the party Saturday?

Ive been hearing **** from my friends all week about how Floyd will get knocked out. They hope he gets knocked out so they can **** on boxing, etc.

It's low key pissing me off. If Floyd somehow loses I'll never hear the end of it.

Not here, but idk why they make it out to a boxing thing vs mmgay, how many times does a SMART mmgay fighter try to take a guy to the ground right away? Boxing is and always will be a superior stand up game...even with Muay Thai, leg kicks, elbows, etc...a boxer is ALWAYS going to be superior at distance control, shorter, more compact, harder punches that leave very little room for counter shots from a non boxer.

The whole mmgay vs boxing thing is dumb, they are 2 completely different sports...they are both combat sports, but mmgay is a circus show. How many times does the better fighter get knocked out by a lucky punch in boxing? How often in mmgay? Boxing is a purists sport, lucky punches don't happen nearly as often because the superior fighter knows how to control all aspects of his craft, mmgay is all about throwing hail Mary's, hoping to get lucky, and all the while, the fighters themselves are getting peanuts, with dana sweetheart taking most of their money, just like the UFC is getting at LEAST half of McGregor's payday...and possibly as much as 80%.

Comment

You should feel like that. Conor will take over boxing by KOing Floyd, it will happen man.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        You should feel like that. Conor will take over boxing by KOing Floyd, it will happen man.
        *pisses on your leg while staring at you*

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          Ive been hearing **** from my friends all week about how Floyd will get knocked out. They hope he gets knocked out so they can **** on boxing, etc.

It's low key pissing me off. If Floyd somehow loses I'll never hear the end of it.
          If I had friends that stupid, I would love being the only boxing guy. I would lord it over them. Make plenty of 50-50 bets over the outcome of the fight: winner gets dinner, drinks, favors, cash.

Just enjoy the ride, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Not here, but idk why they make it out to a boxing thing vs mmgay, how many times does a SMART mmgay fighter try to take a guy to the ground right away? Boxing is and always will be a superior stand up game...even with Muay Thai, leg kicks, elbows, etc...a boxer is ALWAYS going to be superior at distance control, shorter, more compact, harder punches that leave very little room for counter shots from a non boxer.

The whole mmgay vs boxing thing is dumb, they are 2 completely different sports...they are both combat sports, but mmgay is a circus show. How many times does the better fighter get knocked out by a lucky punch in boxing? How often in mmgay? Boxing is a purists sport, lucky punches don't happen nearly as often because the superior fighter knows how to control all aspects of his craft, mmgay is all about throwing hail Mary's, hoping to get lucky, and all the while, the fighters themselves are getting peanuts, with dana sweetheart taking most of their money, just like the UFC is getting at LEAST half of McGregor's payday...and possibly as much as 80%.
            Another aspect is that MMA is a new sport. Created in the 90s. Hasnt evolved to a top sport which is why someone like Brock lesnar won the heavyweight title in his second fight or something. That would NEVER happen in boxing or any other TOP sport. Boxing is refined thru decades of evolution.

I agree with Everything you said BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              If I had friends that stupid, I would love being the only boxing guy. I would lord it over them. Make plenty of 50-50 bets over the outcome of the fight: winner gets dinner, drinks, favors, cash.

Just enjoy the ride, man!
              They won't bet me. Deep down they know the deal. If Floyd embarrasses Conor I might end up drunk and naked in the wrong house like Ryan Russillo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post

yes, i am going to the movie theaters alone. i know it sounds sad but my friend who i usually watch PPV with is out of town. and the tickets to the movie theater is only $40 compare to $100. not bad. but i will likely be surrounded by so many casuals.

Comment

I inquired at a local bar if they were showing the fight. The answer was no. Asked why. The bartender a young guy, said it costs the bar $4,000 to show it. So we got into a discussion about it. I said Floyd would win and the guy nods his head in agreement but his facial expression and body language said otherwise. I said the real fight is coming up between Golovkin and Alvarez. He gave me a blank look and said Who???

Comment

My friend is having a party. I will probably leave before main event starts after eating and drinking good.

Comment

Working...
                    X