Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch: Purse Bid Set For February 5, 60-40 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
    For the Aj nuthuggers or those who struggle with reading comprehension:

The article clearly states they can have OPEN NEGOTIATIONS up until February 5th. Once that date hits, THEN it goes to a purse bid with the split being 60/40 in favor if Wilder.
    If Fury still wants to fight Wilder than I'm sure they come closer to a 50/50 split than the 60/40 the Wbc will allow.

F------ morons....
    Hey Husky, since you arrogantly assume you know so much chit, kindly let us on the % Wilder-Fury 1st fight???

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      allowed ?
      Yes, allowed. As in legally allowed.

According to Sulaiman, the WBC gave Breazeale a signed contract stating that his proposed fight with Stiverne would be a final eliminator, with the winner becoming their mandatory. But Stiverne ended up going straight into a title fight after Ortiz failed a PED test.

Again, according to Sulaiman, that meant they were legally required to make Breazeale their mandatory challenger if he won his next fight, against Molina.

El Presidente himself explains the situation here:

Last edited by kafkod; 01-16-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Great news! Means we're about to get a huge title fight involving Tyson Fury... doesn't necessarily have to be this one though...

Fury just won the lottery. The fight being ordered compels Deontay's team to fight, but it does nothing to Fury but make him the main event in town.

Fury can now happily play Joshua and Wilder off each other. He'll fight one of them, it just comes down to who will offer him the most favourable terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          That's because big fights don't go to purse bid. The champions usually gives the challenger more to prevent it.
          Agreed regarding big fights. It's why I said main events. Wilder Povetkin was a main event but not a big fight. Went to purse bid with only two bidders submitting.

Comment

Purse bid? Maybe BT sport can put that 50m dollars that they wanted to put towards the right to get Joshua/Wilder, to get Fury to have home advantage against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              so why would Wilder object to giving Fury 50% ?

they gave him 50% last time
              It wasn’t up to 50% mate, before the fight the percentage cut was veiled In secrecy, wonder why though, maybe they didn’t want Hearn knowing how much each fighter got to leverage on more money when negotiating with AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Yes, allowed. As in legally allowed.

According to Sulaiman, the WBC gave Breazeale a signed contract stating that his proposed fight with Stiverne would be a final eliminator, with the winner becoming their mandatory. But Stiverne ended up going straight into a title fight after Ortiz failed a PED test.

Again, according to Sulaiman, that meant they were legally required to make Breazeale their mandatory challenger if he won his next fight, against Molina.

El Presidente himself explains the situation here:

This is the video I was looking for, the one poster that use to make all kind of excuses for Wilder and WBC (We be crooks) when I accuse them of protecting Wilder from Whyte. Now for me it’s confirmed that the WBC use the excuse of a mandatory (Breazeale) to duck Whyte. Not only is Breazeale had to sit it out for another fight but he has been moved aside as a mandatory, even though the WBC chairman claimed he would sued by Breazeale if that happens.

This is why Wilder was able to message Whyte and said “I don’t have to do anything for two years with you”

Comment

I'm still trying to understand how a voluntary fight is ordered and goes to a purse bid, while a mandatory fight get skipped over for 2 or 3 years?

Comment

It’s good that they ordered it but equally pointless, 60/40 isn’t going to progress the negiotiations at all?

What does this mean for Brezeale though? Wbc don’t order very often so does this mean the two year clock starts over again?

Comment

This going to be the largest purse bid in history if it goes through

Comment

Working...
                      X