Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Wlad The Greatest White Heavyweight of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Wlad The Greatest White Heavyweight of All Time?

How do you rank him among Marciano, Dempsey, Schmelling, Morrison and his own brother?

IMHO he was better than all of them, as far as I know anyway...can't think of any more white HWs

I can't think of anymore white hws either. So given my frame of reference, I'm positive that my opinion counts.

Comment

Comment

Ur dreaming. Vitali was always better. Vitali had that killer instinct, Wlad was just really big, conditioned great, and worked the jab. Vitali was there to kill you ....

Comment

Vitali was better so that's already a fail.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
            Ur dreaming. Vitali was always better. Vitali had that killer instinct, Wlad was just really big, conditioned great, and worked the jab. Vitali was there to kill you ....
            This is on point...

Comment

Vitali is better even Wlad admits it.

Comment

The best was Jack Dempsey and then gene tunney, I probably have Marciano coming in third,beating some legends when they are old is better then never beating any like Vitali's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                  Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                  Vitali was better so that's already a fail.
                  Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  Vitali is better even Wlad admits it.
                  And Vitali's best win was?????????

Comment

I would rank his brother and Marciano as better than Vlad. I can't think of any other white heavyweights who were better. Dempsey was great in his day. I don't think a prime Dempsey could beat a prime Wlad. It's possible Dempsey could beat him with his lightning fast very hard punches. Wlad perfected a strange style using his size and straight punches combined with holding that was difficult to deal with. Wlad could end a fight with one punch from either hand and especially with his straight right. It was his weak chin that gave him losses to guys who weren't that good. It's hard to compare him with old timers like Dempsey and Marciano. They were much smaller but also much faster and they could really punch and take a punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X