Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 208: Holm vs. de Randamie Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought there should have been a point taken, making it a draw. Ref with a bad call for allowing Holm to get hit after the bell several times.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      I thought there should have been a point taken, making it a draw. Ref with a bad call for allowing Holm to get hit after the bell several times.
      Yea I agree that first time shoulda been a point it was so blatant, but the next time it happened it definitely should have been a point for the previous warning. That was a garbage ref.

I actually had it 3-2 Holm, but it was a razor thin close fight so you can't really argue whoever would've won I don't think. De Randamie did virtually nothing, but when she did land she landed really f#cking good. Holm was busy as a bee, but wasn't as effective with that activity as she could have been.

Whats better ineffective activity or effective inactivity lol??? The judges obviously felt effective inactivity. Fair play to them.

Comment

Not a good fight, both didn't look good,

Holm didn't land a lot of effective shots, but she at least fought like she wanted to win. De Randamie was just there. She's one of the worst title contenders I've seen in a five round title fight. Literally just stood there, played defense and looked for the same straight right counter, and even when it landed clean, she couldn't follow up.

Thought Holm one by a one point.

De Randamie said, "she came to fight." lmao

The only good news is that she'll be fed to Cyborg.

Comment

Holm did everything wrong to lose that fight . She circled to her opponents power hand the entire time , did the same striking sequences over and over , didnt mix up her punching usually rushing in throwing meaningless light flurries which resulted in her eating huge straight rights constantly and her biggest weapon the round house left kick was rarely seen and even got a knock down with one ?

She even clinched in points when the striking was flowing and had her opponent stunned at a brief moment but drove her to the fence anyway for wasted take down that repeadily failed bc she was just greco roman clinching way to long and failed to drop down effectively to complete the take down when her corner was screaming for her too?

I dont know what actually goes on in some of thes training camps but one has to wonder ? lol

If Holm has the energy to waste pacing back snd forth ,jumping up and down before the fight ,,she needs to reserve that and put that in her fights and think better ,she could have won this fight with simple set ups to land that high round house left kick .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-12-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X