Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ann Wolfe: Was She Overrated As a Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think many thought of her as a great trainer tbqh. I think people were just intrigued by & thought her relationship with Kirkland was interesting & a sellable thing to fans. And I mean anyone who doesn't have a roster of fighters of several fighters that they deal with just shouldn't be entered into the great trainer discussion 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I never heard of any successful fighter she trained except Kirkland who wasn't that successful either. Training one better than average fighter for a while doesn't make her a good trainer. Her training methods were strange and not the best. She was not a good trainer and we will probably never hear about her as a trainer any more. Kirkland quit using her as his trainer so what does that say?
      That it was a dumb move since he lost right after he quit using her?

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
        He seems to have left his punch resistance in jail. Whatever happened in there. Getting dropped by Ishida repeatedly. Getting knocked out cold by Canelo. Nobody gets knocked out cold by Canelo, it's usually a ref stoppage. Or someone paid to take a dive, like when Canelo KO'd Carlos Baldomir with Winning Gloves on. Yet Kirkland was laid out.

Back to the topic, Wolfe has no other boxers of note. Which there are many trainers like that. You have that one guy who has a little talent, heart, determination, will, etc, and you are able to mold him. If you look at Kirkland, he didn't have much skill. He seemed kind of crude. He was just a big country guy, who would be on that arse all fight, if you didn't have the power to keep him off of you. Also note that prior to going to jail, Kirkland hadn't beaten anybody. His best win being a guy that Carlos Quintana had already beaten a few years prior.
        I always thought Angulo was his best win.

Comment

ann wolfe

you people are dumb and don't know **** about boxing. how do you get the courage to offer your stupidity to the world? you have no respect for the sport, all you bastards ever do is sit your fat asses in chairs and talk down about everyone in boxing- who's overrated, who has no chin, who got exposed, who's a bum, etc. meanwhile, can any of you box a lick? what is YOUR record? who have YOU exposed? who have YOU knocked out? ann wolfe is a great trainer. her daughter would knock most of you out in the boxing ring. if ann wolfe trained you for one day, you would never come back to the gym after that. you would throw up, and cry like the *****es you all are. boxing history is full of trainers who had only one great fighter. how may people you train doesn't make you great. George gainford had sugar ray robinson, and not much else. jack Blackburn had joe louis. he had bud taylor and Sammy mandell, but louis was his best student. in modern times, the petronelli brothers had marvin hagler. who else did they really train? yet, they HAD to be great trainers. terrance Crawford's trainer HAS to be a great trainer. james Kirkland never lost with ann wolfe. what someone like ann wolfe needs, is for the right student to walk into her gym. that's what makes a trainer able to show their greatness. you can teach someone, but you can't give them discipline, desire, and a work ethic. that comes from inside. again, you don't know **** about boxing

Comment

As for me, I didn't disrespect or talk down about anybody! But this ^^^^^^^^^ is absolutely right. P.S. though, paragraphs aren't illegal.

Comment

Working...
            X