Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fight Nobody is Talking About: Yamanaka vs Moreno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yamanaka is pretty overrated.in fact a lot of these japenese fighters get pretty overrated for some reaosn.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Ah Anselmo Moreno, the media hype job top 10 P4P who was exposed and beaten easily by Mares.
      Yep(though some idiots probably gave him every benefit of the doubt and scored that fight close)...this is the kind of fight hipsters of boxing get really excited about....

I mean, don't get me wrong, I respect these guys and realise Yamanaka has power and has handled the opposition at his weightclass.....but he has no craftiness, no strategy, and is not an otherwordly athlete.....even his power is iffy to me since he failed to KO Darchinyan and only hurt him once or twice...about the only stoppage in his resume that indicates real power is KO'ing Guevara, who boxed decently and lasted 12 against the bigger Santa Cruz...... if Moreno doesn't get caught he probably spoils his way to an ugly win....and we've already seen Moreno's ceiling...

Potential snoozer between guys who while good fighters in their weights, have a low ceiling......I'll watch when I can, but not really excited....

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        yamanaka is pretty overrated.in fact a lot of these japenese fighters get pretty overrated for some reaosn.
        I like lower weight fights for their action, but there's a wave of analysts and experts who overrate the **** out of them, either because they are overexcited with anything boxing or to prove they follow all the sport......and have been shaming other analysts/experts into rating them for not following these weightclasses/geographical regions... this causes a wave of hipster followers that overrate anything the "experts" say and follow blindly like sheep....

No more proof needed than a guy like Chocolatito being p4p #1 with a resume that doesn't earn him that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          Yep(though some idiots probably gave him every benefit of the doubt and scored that fight close)...this is the kind of fight hipsters of boxing get really excited about....

I mean, don't get me wrong, I respect these guys and realise Yamanaka has power and has handled the opposition at his weightclass.....but he has no craftiness, no strategy, and is not an otherwordly athlete.....even his power is iffy to me since he failed to KO Darchinyan and only hurt him once or twice...about the only stoppage in his resume that indicates real power is KO'ing Guevara, who boxed decently and lasted 12 against the bigger Santa Cruz...... if Moreno doesn't get caught he probably spoils his way to an ugly win....and we've already seen Moreno's ceiling...

Potential snoozer between guys who while good fighters in their weights, have a low ceiling......I'll watch when I can, but not really excited....
          This doesn't look like an action fight. In the preview for the site, noted this is going to be clinical. Yamanaka fights measured and Moreno isn't a puncher.

Comment

I like lower weight fights for their action, but there's a wave of analysts and experts who overrate the **** out of them, either because they are overexcited with anything boxing or to prove they follow all the sport......and have been shaming other analysts/experts into rating them for not following these weightclasses/geographical regions... this causes a wave of hipster followers that overrate anything the "experts" say and follow blindly like sheep....

No more proof needed than a guy like Chocolatito being p4p #1 with a resume that doesn't earn him that.
            yes a lot of peoples get too happy about these not so know fighters who so happens to be japense and yes lower weights too i afgree. what i don't get is how and why to this they think they are great?? maybe thinking unknown sounds better to them maybe because they say yes while others don't know better. i don't know.

Comment

Ah Anselmo Moreno, the media hype job top 10 P4P who was exposed and beaten easily by Mares.
              I agree somewhat, he got a ton of traction for the win over Vic, who hasn't had much success above 115. The 2 fights vs Cermeno were horrid

Comment

Yeah the funny thing is Mares got no P4P recognition for that win, despite him already having beaten Darchinyan, Perez, Agbeko, Morel and even followed up his Moreno win with a brutal KO of Ponce De Leon but he was still not a top 10 P4P fighter. It just seems like these guys at Bantamweight and below can just sneeze and enter the P4P top 10 rankings.

And yeah I don't know much about Yamanaka, I know he has been a top BW since 2011 and was #2 for a while.

Comment

But it goes both ways. Broner was a 3 division champion and was elected the greatest fighter of the next generation. Chocolito did the exact same thing and when he finally gets credit its because of boxing hipsters giving credit to unkowns?

Comment

Yeah the funny thing is Mares got no P4P recognition for that win
                    That's not true. Mares moved into Ring's, ESPN's and our top ten off the Moreno win. And moved up in some before he got to Gonzalez. He was universally top ten before Jhonny.

http://******.craveonline.com/news/1...mares-advances
                    Last edited by crold1; 09-20-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      That's not true. Mares moved into Ring's, ESPN's and our top ten off the Moreno win. And moved up in some before he got to Gonzalez. He was universally top ten before Jhonny.

http://******.craveonline.com/news/1...mares-advances
                      Well in The Ring's annual rankings, Abner Mares was never in the top 10 P4P. If he ever got in it, it was for a couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                      X