Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Floyd's hand problems affected his fighting style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me preface this by saying I think he's one of the best I've ever seen in 20 years of viewing. That being said, his hands aren't the issue, it's an excuse for his safety first style. Going up in weight and not being able to hurt guys, is the issue. He doesn't unleash combos because they won't hurt the other guy, and it opens him up for return fire. He's able to win on accurate single shots and by avoiding, and frustrating, his opponent. It's a winning formula so I don't blame him for sticking with it. Despite what his fanatics say, ww is his ideal and natural weight. A grown 5'7 man isn't natural at 135, hes where he should be. He's had to adapt to his limitations at this weight and has done fine.

Comment

It is ok that he doesn't punch much. He is very accurate anyway.

It is the hugging after ducking, pushing after missing, that gets him booed.

Comment

No it's his vagina

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
          Nope. Age. He's adapted to an old man style.
          Maybe both?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Roger mentioned after the Pac fight that Floyd was having hand issues in camp. This seems to have been an ongoing problem for years now, do you think this is why he doesn't throw as many combos as he used to during his "Pretty Boy" days?

Or is that overblown?
            He loops his right hand more than he throws straight rights these days....

He also let his hands go more with 10 oz gloves at 154

The Manny fight he seemed anxious to make him feel the right hand early, before it went dead he later abandoned it and went left hook crazy in that fight
            Last edited by sbbigmike; 09-02-2015, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Most definitely, he's had hand problems for a while and that's why he wears specially designed grant gloves. He was a killer in the lower divisions but when you're hands are at risk of breaking you will of course be reluctant to throw hard.

Comment

Smh..........

Smh. Do you honestly think you can be a professional fighter as long as Floyd has, if you have "significant" hand problems? Honestly? Boxing is about punching ALL the time so how is it his hands? It's not his hands, Floyd is just a coward. How can you even be given a decision without letting your hands go? Hmmmmm.

Comment

Really shows here who are just groupies and who are real boxing fans if any of you dumba$$ everseen Floyd in his early fights he was beating $h!t of every one he fought

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Roger mentioned after the Pac fight that Floyd was having hand issues in camp. This seems to have been an ongoing problem for years now, do you think this is why he doesn't throw as many combos as he used to during his "Pretty Boy" days?

Or is that overblown?
                    You have more stamina when your younger the older version tries to conserve his energy

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
                      3 if you want tot include the bum in your avi in advance!

Also undefeated means dog ***** when you're hand picked opponents and marketed well enough to pay for wins. Its obvious it was a business more so than implementing a legacy that was more important to Floyd (the Puppet) and Haymon (The Puppet Master). If you are that gullible to believe he is the best due to his undefeated record i feel sad for you. Gullible can easily be replaced with "stupid"
                      Let me tell u what lets not hate on what a boxer wants in the sport...if he wanted Money more than legacy so be it .why worried about another mans life.. some of you guys sound like a bunch of bleeding wifes smh . let that man do what he wants if yall were him Im sure you wouldnt care what people thought either as long as the Millions are piling up right? And as far as his hand issues I really do think it changed his style up alot... not his age he still have better stamina then most of these young fighter out there. Now is he the best ever maybe not the best ever but defiantly one of the best ever and thats in any era. Guys knock him for not fighting some guys earlier in their prime but go to youtube which im sure most of you already know the fact but hate to much to give him credit...but he called out all those guys when they was hot not his fault they refuse to fight him then right or wrong? Last note lets keep the Hate Down Please boxing is a Family. LETS GO 49-0

Comment

Working...
                      X