Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather the greatest to fight primarily out of the shoulder roll style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luilun View Post
    i'd say james toney got hit to much he sounds like a ******ed punch drunk sipping on some ripple
    well watch the film my brother james toney did not get hit a hell of alot... When he moved up he did but hes an atg and his offense out of the shell was deadly!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by luilun View Post
      i'd say james toney got hit to much he sounds like a ******ed punch drunk sipping on some ripple
      james toney sparred too much he didnt do much training he just sparred thats all he did

Comment

The problem is that Floyd is not primarily a shoulder roll fighter.
        He does the pull counter which looks like the shoulder roll. Floyd IMO was at his best when he was bouncing in and out like he did with corales and gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
          james toney's resume > floyd mayweather

by quite a margin
          False actually.

Toney has Nunn, McCallum, Barkley, Holyfield, Jirov, Johnson, Williams, Oquendo, Littles

Mayweather has Mosley, Marquez, Cotto, Delahoya, Corrales, Hernandez, Hatton, Castillo, Judah, Canelo, Chavez

Toney was a 3 weight World Champ, Mayweather 5 weight and a simultaneous lineal weight champ in 2 divisions. It's not close, as Mayweather is greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
            False actually.

Toney has Nunn, McCallum, Barkley, Holyfield, Jirov, Johnson, Williams, Oquendo, Littles

Mayweather has Mosley, Marquez, Cotto, Delahoya, Corrales, Hernandez, Hatton, Castillo, Judah, Canelo, Chavez

Toney was a 3 weight World Champ, Mayweather 5 weight and a simultaneous lineal weight champ in 2 divisions. It's not close, as Mayweather is greater.
            you realise those guys are prime(besides holyfield) and aren't sht hypejobs like judah(seriously mentioned judah?), and canelo? are you fuking kidding me?

fat and waay undersized marquez, 38 year old mosley, an old hoya but still a good win, a badly drained corrales but sure why not, hatton's good, the other 4 are real good

and i give him credit for claiming up weight, still not past toney though, the names/their resume's, the talent, the timing, is too weak in comparison

Comment

damn, the amount of slick african americans toney has faced, really impressed, only just hit me, but has floyd ever fought a mover in his life? let alone a slick brotha?

i suppose there's marquez as someone that can move, but that fight was more of a freak show than anything else with the size/strength disparity that marquez would have been ******ed to try to move against the much taller, faster boxer

floyd really hasn't faced sht but flat footed boxers has he?

Comment

you realise those guys are prime(besides holyfield) and aren't sht hypejobs like judah(seriously mentioned judah?), and canelo? are you fuking kidding me?

fat and waay undersized marquez, 38 year old mosley, an old hoya but still a good win, a badly drained corrales but sure why not, hatton's good, the other 4 are real good

and i give him credit for claiming up weight, still not past toney though, the names/their resume's, the talent, the timing, is too weak in comparison
                McCallum Prime? You're ok with calling McCallum prime at fcuking cruiserweight but not Judah at welterweight?

Your agenda is showing.

Comment

I bet you think Barkley was prime too huh

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                    McCallum Prime? You're ok with calling McCallum prime at fcuking cruiserweight but not Judah at welterweight?

Your agenda is showing.
                    oh.. so you didn't know they fought three times?...
                    toney has a win over mccallum at middleweight

never said anything about judah not in prime, judah just sucks

Comment

damn, the amount of slick african americans toney has faced, really impressed, only just hit me, but has floyd ever fought a mover in his life? let alone a slick brotha?

i suppose there's marquez as someone that can move, but that fight was more of a freak show than anything else with the size/strength disparity that marquez would have been ******ed to try to move against the much taller, faster boxer

floyd really hasn't faced sht but flat footed boxers has he?
                      Tiberi is hardly slick and was robbed. Toney got absolutely whitewashed by Jones. Good for Toney

Comment

Working...
                      X