No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: Sergey Kovalev's Punches were Like a Hammer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    You know Stevenson and Hopkins are willing to make 168 for Froch?
    Never heard either of them say that. Stevenson is fighting Cloud, Hopkins is stalling around waiting to fight Murat.

Froch has always discarded fighting a Ward rematch and Andre hasn't always been injured these past two years. There was never any effort on his behalf in making a Ward rematch, which is really the fight he should be looking for if he really wants to prove he's improved and he's truly the best super middleweight as he claims he is.
    Froch had to take care of Bute and Kessler. Only after that would a Ward rematch even be viable.

So now mandatories matter?
    Also Froch didn't have to fight Yusaf Mack he could have waited a month or a couple weeks and fought his mandatory.
    Mandatories don't matter if you have a unification fight and a far more lucrative fight lined up.

Why would Froch wait for Stevenson? Who the fuk is Stevenson? He was lining up the fight with Kessler, why in god's name would he wait around for Stevenson to be ready? Stop saying ******ed ****.....please, you're absolutely embarrassing yourself trying to call Carl Froch a duck - the man who that term least applies to in all of boxing.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 08-20-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

So now mandatories matter?

You know Stevenson and Hopkins are willing to make 168 for Froch? Also Froch didn't have to fight Yusaf Mack he could have waited a month or a couple weeks and fought his mandatory. Froch has always discarded fighting a Ward rematch and Andre hasn't always been injured these past two years. There was never any effort on his behalf in making a Ward rematch, which is really the fight he should be looking for if he really wants to prove he's improved and he's truly the best super middleweight as he claims he is.

Watch Froch continue to avoid a Ward rematch, Stevenson and Hopkins fight for the next few years until he retires. Oh, and Kovalev would probably decapitate him, so Froch will be ducking him too.
      Well... Ward has a tune up with a TBA. Adonis fights Cloud in September 28. B-Hop fights his resurrected mando Murat.
      Froch has few fights left -- I think he's not that stupid and call for a Kovalev fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Why would Froch wait for Stevenson? Who the fuk is Stevenson? He was lining up the fight with Kessler, why in god's name would he wait around for Stevenson to be ready? Stop saying ******ed ****.....please, you're absolutely embarrassing yourself trying to call Carl Froch a duck - the man who that term least applies to in all of boxing.
        Stevenson may not have been the name he is now back then, but he was still a much bigger name than Yusaf Mack and Froch's mandatory. Froch would have only needed a few weeks because apparently he was coming off an injury or a long lay-off. Oh wait? He just decided to waste one of his two fights for the year (apparently he only fights twice a year) against a complete stiff.

And like I said...

Watch Froch continue to avoid a Ward rematch, Stevenson and Hopkins fight for the next few years until he retires. Oh, and Kovalev would probably decapitate him, so Froch will be ducking him too. In fact, I'm so convinced that if Froch actually fights any of them I'll delete my account.
        Last edited by BafanaBafana; 08-20-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Well... Ward has a tune up with a TBA. Adonis fights Cloud in September 28. B-Hop fights his resurrected mando Murat.
          Froch has few fights left -- I think he's not that stupid and call for a Kovalev fight.
          You may be right about that. Also don't you think guys like Hopkins, Ward, and Stevenson would rather fight Froch over whoever they'll end up fighting this year (and probably the next) considering they've been calling him out for a while and he is probably the most lucrative fight available to them at this time.

Comment

Hearn offered the fight to Oosthuizen, only after he turned it down did they make the Mack fight. Stevenson was a nobody back then at least Oosthuizen had a belt and some hype.

Comment

Stevenson may not have been the name he is now back then, but he was still a much bigger name than Yusaf Mack and Froch's mandatory. Froch would have only needed a few weeks because apparently he was coming off an injury or a long lay-off. Oh wait? He just decided to waste one of his two fights for the year (apparently he only fights twice a year) against a complete stiff.
              Froch doesn't wait around for Stevenson. He had a date in November, Stevenson wasn't the mandatory until October. Stop being deliberately ******ed. Froch would've had to wait until the next year to fight Stevenson. That's like asking Mayweather to wait to fight Guerrero you dumb fuk.

The choice was Stevenson or Kessler. And Froch was all set to fight Stevenson if the Kessler fight didn't happen. Enough revising history.

Watch Froch continue to avoid a Ward rematch, Stevenson and Hopkins fight for the next few years until he retires. Oh, and Kovalev would probably decapitate him, so Froch will be ducking him too. In fact, I'm so convinced that if Froch actually fights any of them I'll delete my account.
              Froch has never avoided a Ward rematch and that fight will eventually happen as long as both guys win. There's too much money in it for it to not happen and there's no other big fight at 168.

As for Kovalev/Hopkins/Stevenson, that's at light-heavyweight. Froch is a super-middleweight. If those fights never happen, oh well. Froch is under no obligation to move up right now.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                Hearn offered the fight to Oosthuizen, only after he turned it down did they make the Mack fight. Stevenson was a nobody back then at least Oosthuizen had a belt and some hype.
                Stevenson wasn't the mandatory till October. Apparently Froch should have been waiting around since April for Stevenson to win his mega fight against Don George before he made his next move!

Comment

Stevenson wasn't the mandatory till October. Apparently Froch should have been waiting around since April for Stevenson to win his mega fight against Don George before he made his next move!
                  And wtf not since he fought Yusaf Mack anyway? Regardless of whether he could or should have fought this and that, the truth is he's got 3 top fighters calling for his head and he should either fight one of them sometime soon or just retire.

Stevenson said he's willing to drop to 168 and travel to England for a Froch fight.
                  http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/214877.html
                  "I can make 168 and go to England to knock him out. I don't have a problem doing that. He has a perfect style for me."
                  Hopkins is willing to travel to the U.K. for this fight.
                  "Froch is top of my wish list. I have great respect for him as a fighter. He is very exciting and our styles would make for a great fight," the 48-year-old told the Daily Mail. "I will happily go over to the UK to make it happen but of course Carl will have to beat Kessler first. I am rooting for him to do it and I think he will win this time."
                  Froch apparently avoided Cleverly too.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/ne...ply&p=13667366

“We offered Froch two and a half million pounds for the fight and Eddie Hearn had come back within 30 minutes rejecting the contest,” Warren told Telegraph Sport. “There would have been no threat to his super-middleweight belts. But he wasn’t interested.”

Cleverly added: "I was prepared to come down from light-heavyweight to make it happen. I've got respect for his achievements but for him to say I'm not worthy is ridiculous."

“I see him as deluded and disrespectful. Some of the things Froch has come out with are outrageous. He's self-proclaimed and calling himself the best British fighter in history is a joke.

Comment

And wtf not since he fought Yusaf Mack anyway? ]
                    How many times do you have to be told this? Why would Carl Froch wait around for Adonis Stevenson vs Don George to be decided? Why? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Froch had a date in November. Was he supposed to cancel his date in Nottingham and his tv date with Sky Sports to wait for the result of Stevenson-George? He had a date in November - Stevenson was not an option for November. You absolute fukwit.

Comment

Shameful duck by the Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                      X