Clear All

• Ufc 156

Alright, who you guys got?

I haven't watched an event in a while but I'm going with;

Aldo
    Evans
    Overeem
    Maia

I don't know anything about Benavidez-McCall, who've you got for this? No idea about the pre-lim card either, who should win those?

Frankie
    Evans
    Overeem
    and Benavidez

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Same but I have Fitch over Maia. Looks like an IMMENSE card. The Aldo vs Edgar is a superfight, most people think Edgar beat Henderson. Should be crazy! I haven't seen much talk about this card in terms of build up compared to other cards, its crazy! Though its probably because of 3 events back to back so its hard to solely give it a lot of attention out of 1 week compared to others which have a number of weeks to build up.

I love Aldos fights and his story but I also really admire Edgar and his tenacity. I honestly don't think it's a good style match up for Edgar at all and if he wins man...i'd be shocked. Aldo has been training with Maynard so thats never a bad thing, he also has good wrestling and can provide valuable insight regarding the style of Edgar. Aldo has too many tools and potentially finish Edgar unless Edgar just gets the takedown and makes the fight ugly on the ground.

Lil Nog has proven to have suspect wrestling defence (watch the Davis fight), he hasn't been too active recently (14 months lay off) and he is pretty old now so I think Rashad has the clear edge here, if this was PRIDE Lil Nog then it'd be a whole lot closer.

Overeem is just much better in the stand up than BigFoot and he is a pretty big guy so i'd like to see Bigfoot trying to get him down, Overeem knows that bigfoot has an advantage off his back so I think he'll probably adopt a similar strategy ala the Werdum fight and how Cormier fought Bigfoot (on the feet).

Fitch vs Maia will be interesting if they go to the ground, its wrestling vs bjj but usually when two guys are that good on the ground it ends up being a stand up war which Fitch is better at though not great but Maia is that terrible on the feet. Im glad Maia realised that and has gone to the ground in his last few fights with subs. I got Fitch for this fight.

oh I nearly forgot, I got Benevidez beating McCall. I'll be honest I haven't seen much of either fighter, but from what I have seen and their records it could be a pretty close fight.
      Last edited by hayZ; 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hayz View Post
        same but i have fitch over maia. Looks like an immense card. The aldo vs edgar is a superfight, most people think edgar beat henderson. Should be crazy! I haven't seen much talk about this card in terms of build up compared to other cards, its crazy! Though its probably because of 3 events back to back so its hard to solely give it a lot of attention out of 1 week compared to others which have a number of weeks to build up.

I love aldos fights and his story but i also really admire edgar and his tenacity. I honestly don't think it's a good style match up for edgar at all and if he wins man...i'd be shocked. Aldo has been training with maynard so thats never a bad thing, he also has good wrestling and can provide valuable insight regarding the style of edgar. Aldo has too many tools and potentially finish edgar unless edgar just gets the takedown and makes the fight ugly on the ground.

Lil nog has proven to have suspect wrestling defence (watch the davis fight), he hasn't been too active recently (14 months lay off) and he is pretty old now so i think rashad has the clear edge here, if this was pride lil nog then it'd be a whole lot closer.

Overeem is just much better in the stand up than bigfoot and he is a pretty big guy so i'd like to see bigfoot trying to get him down, overeem knows that bigfoot has an advantage off his back so i think he'll probably adopt a similar strategy ala the werdum fight and how cormier fought bigfoot (on the feet).

Fitch vs maia will be interesting if they go to the ground, its wrestling vs bjj but usually when two guys are that good on the ground it ends up being a stand up war which fitch is better at though not great but maia is that terrible on the feet. Im glad maia realised that and has gone to the ground in his last few fights with subs. I got fitch for this fight.

Oh i nearly forgot, i got benevidez beating mccall. I'll be honest i haven't seen much of either fighter, but from what i have seen and their records it could be a pretty close fight.
        streaming is illegal. Don't ask...
        Last edited by kaps; 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Fitch, Overeem, Lil Nog and Aldo all day!

Comment

Unbelievable!!!

Comment

Bigfoot let it all go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                Fitch, Overeem, Lil Nog and Aldo all day!

you're 0 for 2 so far..

Comment

....and that was the guy that everyone said would beat Cain?

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix View Post
                    ....and that was the guy that everyone said would beat Cain?
                    LMAO, Overeem got exposed made Big Foot look like a Beast!

Comment

Working...
                    X