Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters Who Had Success After Being KO'd UNCONSCIOUS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Patterson, Ingemar Johansson. Ingo is particularly noteworty as his last fight ended with him on his back foot twitching sickingly.

Also Dave Boy Green (after Palomino, Hansen), Terry Norris (after Jackson, Brown), Kalambay (after Nunn).

There's more obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      In light of what Marquez did to manny last Saturday, which fighters have managed to come back from this kind of event?

Someone mentioned Duran from the Hearns fight the other day, but I just rewatched that fight. Duran was still wide awake and aware of where he was
      terry norris was flattened by both jackson and brown only to come back and have plenty of success, never out cold but still very heavily KO'd.

same thing applies to mccrory who was barely conscious after curry flattened him but then came back to win another title at 154.

only fighter i can think of that was proper out cold is tommy morisson who had lots of success after he had been slept by ray mercer.

i could be wrong but waant emile griffith pretty much stretched by rubin carter? i know he was dropped a few times and really out of it at the point of the stoppage and went on to have a great amount of success afterwards.

also i dont see how anyone can say duran knew were he was after the hearns KO, the man was clearly out of it completely. fullmer may have been on his feet but similar to taylor after the abraham KO he kept asking his cornermen over and over again what had happened afterwards, it was a very heavy knockout.

Comment

Also Hearns after Hagler. Why hasn't that been mentioned?

Michael Dokes was also pretty brutally KTFO by Gerrie Coetzee.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Floyd Patterson, Ingemar Johansson. Ingo is particularly noteworty as his last fight ended with him on his back foot twitching sickingly.

Also Dave Boy Green (after Palomino, Hansen), Terry Norris (after Jackson, Brown), Kalambay (after Nunn).

There's more obviously.
          Excellent example, but I think that Ingo's twitching foot was after their 2nd fight. Their 3rd fight was really ragged.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Excellent example, but I think that Ingo's twitching foot was after their 2nd fight. Their 3rd fight was really ragged.
            Well I don't remember if it was the second or third fight either. Nevertheless Ingo went on to win the European championship thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Cooper beat Tillman......took away Tillman's unbeaten record.
              Coincidently, Cooper also took away Willie DeWitt's unbeaten record.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                terry norris was flattened by both jackson and brown only to come back and have plenty of success, never out cold but still very heavily KO'd.

same thing applies to mccrory who was barely conscious after curry flattened him but then came back to win another title at 154.

only fighter i can think of that was proper out cold is tommy morisson who had lots of success after he had been slept by ray mercer.

i could be wrong but waant emile griffith pretty much stretched by rubin carter? i know he was dropped a few times and really out of it at the point of the stoppage and went on to have a great amount of success afterwards.

also i dont see how anyone can say duran knew were he was after the hearns KO, the man was clearly out of it completely. fullmer may have been on his feet but similar to taylor after the abraham KO he kept asking his cornermen over and over again what had happened afterwards, it was a very heavy knockout.
                Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but Duran's eyes were still open as he was lying there on the canvas

It's rare for people to get knocked out Paul Williams and manny pacquiao style.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but Duran's eyes were still open as he was lying there on the canvas

It's rare for people to get knocked out Paul Williams and manny pacquiao style.
                  6.00:

Green went on to win the European championship before being stopped unconscious on his feet against Hansen and again challenging Ray Leonard for the world championship ending that fight unconscious on the mat. All brutal stoppage losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Coincidently, Cooper also took away Willie DeWitt's unbeaten record.
                    Took it away.....viciously.

Comment

Anthony Mundine went on to win titles at both SMW and MW after being laid out cold by Sven Ottke. Yes. THE Sven Ottke. Mundine was unconscious for 10 minutes and carried from the ring on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X