Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very interesting project on rating all qualities of the best heavyweights of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steroids, training, genetics, health, height, etc. change over time. not really fair to say oh so-and-so would beat marciano-- your average wife-beating thug shooting guard w/ a ****ty work ethic beats the best shooting guard of 50 years ago-- times change.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      Okay... I'll try again. This is a measurement of each individual attribute, with the overall product added up not meaning anything.

This is the same guy's all time rankings, which don't resemble what you saw in the original link at all almost: http://coxscorner.tripod.com/divisional_ratings.html

Louis #1? Dempsey #6? Johnson #7? You're right! the guy's a worse idiot than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
        Louis #1? Dempsey #6? Johnson #7? You're right! the guy's a worse idiot than I thought.

My apologies to idiots for comparing them to that writer.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          Okay... I'll try again. This is a measurement of each individual attribute, with the overall product added up not meaning anything.

This is the same guy's all time rankings, which don't resemble what you saw in the original link at all almost: http://coxscorner.tripod.com/divisional_ratings.html
          And he still has Marciano higher than Bowe because Rocky is listed as just missing his top 10 whereas Bowe isn't. Sigh.

Comment

Put 'em up, put 'em up! Which one of you first? I'll fight you both together if you want. I'll fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I'll fight you standing on one foot. I'll fight you with my eyes closed

or you can invite that writer here ......

Why, I'd thrash him from top to bottomus!

I'd wrap him up in cellophane!

I'd show him who was king of the forest!

Comment

Originally posted by Spambo boy View Post
              I like this sort of thing.

I don't think it works, because it's still as subjective as any list, but just more detailed, but I like the idea of ranking fighters' attributes. We should make a heavyweights top trumps.

At least with this he sets out good arguments rather than throwing a list together in 5 minutes like most NSBers.
              Lol, it is true that this guy's second post after posting his list wasn't "Oh yeah, I forgot about Larry Holmes".

Comment

I'll tell you if it's credible or not without even clicking on the link. If it states Vitali Klitschko's name next to the number one slot///then it's a highly accurate gauge & formula... if it doesn't.. then send his formula straight to the recycle bin.

Comment

Working...
                X