Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you feel about Golden Boy dominating boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Would be terrible.

What happens to the guys who aren't signed with golden boy? They wouldn't be able to fight unless they sign with them?

fuuck that noise, GB is just as corrupt as any other promoter.

Plus, you think the WBC ratings are bad? Imagine if a company like Golden Boy controlled who is ranked, who gets a title shot and when, it would be sickening.

No thanks!

I guess they'd join another boxing promotion with less fighters?

Golden boy would problem go out and sign the best anyway if they managed to get this much power.

Comment

Plus they'd force fights like Pac vs May to happen, less money each fighter obviously but i'd happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        UFC runs MMA.
        No they don't. They are the biggest in MMA but only a part of MMA. On top of that, MMA as a mainstream sport is very new, boxing has been around for over a hundred years. We've already seen problems starting to occur with MMA just wait as the years go on and they continue to grow, they are going to end up with a lot of the same problems boxing has.

GBP rankings would be fine since they would be getting paid by everyone in their stable. Plus GBP owns the Ring, and I think their rankings are pretty unbiased.
        Right now the ring ratings are ok we don't know what it would be like 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now...

From personal observation, it is never good to give one company that much power. A companies primary objective is to make money. That's really it. Without some kind of governing body it would be terrible in the long run, it would be only about golden boy getting all of the money.

Comment

alright!

just what we needed...more chances to watch Rocky Juarez and Robert Guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
            I guess they'd join another boxing promotion with less fighters?

Golden boy would problem go out and sign the best anyway if they managed to get this much power.
            Just like UFC has all of the best fighters anyway? Oh wait, Fedor....

Comment

Jesus f****kin' christ...some of you are clinically ******ed. The problem isn't the multiple PROMOTERS...the problem is the lack of an individual, unbiased governing body. Pro baseball has ONE body, MLB. Basketball, the NBA. Football, the NFL. THAT'S what boxing needs. The promoters would be like the "team owners", where they can sign FREE AGENTS (another system that should be used) while running their own franchise or brand (GBP, Top Rank, etc).

Then, the single governing body can work with the state commissions on imposing the rules and penalties, plus paying the state's dues and establishing set pot splits and other rules.

Nobody should have a monopoly on any sport. The countless sanctioning bodies and all the politics that come with them is the REAL problem.

Set ring sizes for weight divisions. Set glove sizes for weight divisions. Leave as many of the negotiations that break down megafights out of the greedy promoters' hands.

wanna fight WW...then you use a specific ring size and a specific glove size...non-negotiable. Jackpot split is 55-45 for the champ with a 5% bonus for a knockout.

Boxing needs more organization....not a monopoly.
              Last edited by NesNY; 09-28-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I'm not going to pay $49.95 each month just to watch Golden Boy headline Juarez, Mora or Malignaggi.

One company with that much power means they have all the power to charge you $50 for some Journeymen fights.

What are you gonna do? Watch something else?

Comment

I'm not sure because at the moment there seems too many promoters and they can't seem to agree on fights. But having a monopoly is always bad for competition, and competition is good for quality.

Comment

Only Fedor really.

Comment

It would suck for the fighters because they would obviously get paid less, but they would become more popular for sure.

As for a fan, I think it's a great idea. Not so many champions = too much confusion for the general public.

Comment

Working...
                      X