Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's defense won't be 100% vs Pac...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats the thing unlike pacquiao floyd isnt one dimensional. he has shoulder roll he can catch punches he has his speed and footwork to get away he can counter he has many ways of defense. all pac has is his offense. and shoulder roll alone would be enough to get past manny punches.

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
      Pacquiao two main weapons, the counter right hook and his straight left will find their target. Just watch the first half of the Judah fight and you'll kind of get a feel of how the fight is going to be. The only thin is that Pacquiao is way better than Judah. Floyd better have his Reebok strap on tight, it's going to be a rough run...if he has the gut to sign the contract.
      I see most people are tipping Manny for this one!!!

So what id like to know is if Floyd wins will he be giving the credit for the win or is it still not enough???

As far as im concerned Floyd and Manny are an awesome match up and the winner will earn my respect!!!

Comment

It sure is an intriguing match up.

Im leaning towards Floyd winning, but, Im not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
          Floyd doesn't really use the shoulder roll against a southpaw as much. He mixes in a high-guard like Winky.
          Ur right! He's raises his guard up like Winky. He's not as good defensively against southpaws, however I think when Manny punches he punches straight forward, so FLoyd will be able to move out the way, Plus I think Floyd will be able to confuse Pacquiao, have him thinking, and tag him thinking or hesitating like he did against Marquez.

Comment

While I do think Manny has more than his fair chance at winning the fight, it isn't from conclusions drawn from the Judah fight.

Zab and Manny, while both fast and southpaws, fight nothing alike. When Floyd fought Zab, he was the aggressor. Floyd consistently come forward stalking Judah with a high guard. Judah played the role of slick, fast counter-punching southpaw, and did well for the first four rounds.

Against Manny, I think Floyd would be an idiot of he took that approach, because he'd get knocked out. I have little doubt that Manny would be able to crack that high guard with straight lefts down the pipe, much like Judah did at times. That's why I think you'll see Floyd fight Manny much more on the back foot, controlling the distance and pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
              Did you see Pac's fights against Marquez and Morales? He's always had problems with good counter punchers which Floyd is a MONSTER at. He's tailor made for Mayweathers style. I think this fight is gonna be a walk in the park for the P4P king.
              I did see it and if I remember correctly, Marquez was following Pacquiao to his corner and Morales said,"No Mas".

Comment

Originally posted by civicvx View Post
                I did see it and if I remember correctly, Marquez was following Pacquiao to his corner and Morales said,"No Mas".
                when pacman hit mayweather jr.

mayweather jr. will seat on pacquiao stool and roach will say wtf what your doing here? its not your corner.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                  thats the thing unlike pacquiao floyd isnt one dimensional. he has shoulder roll he can catch punches he has his speed and footwork to get away he can counter he has many ways of defense. all pac has is his offense. and shoulder roll alone would be enough to get past manny punches.
                  Floyd sholder roll is a masterpiece but sholder roll only work on left hook. You can't roll off of a lighting straight missle. To bad Pacs primary weapon is his straight left.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                    If Floyd used that shoulder roll against a southpaw stance, he will eating a lot of right hooks all night long.

Comment

Working...
                    X