Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Lutter Released From UFC Contract.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Lutter Released From UFC Contract.

Travis Lutter (8-5) has been released from his UFC contract. The news comes from our good friend Pramit Mohapatra of Fight Ticker who received an email from Lutter confirming the release.
    Lutter had dropped his last two fights with the organization, both second round defeats verses Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin, running his UFC record to a very pedestrian 2-4. In addition to his recent losses against the aforementioned Silva and Franklin, Lutter also tasted defeat against Matt Lindland and Trever Prangley inside of the UFC octagon.

Look for the UFC to trim at least 30 to 40 more fighters through the course of the next few months, the UFC currently employs around 200 fighters and is looking to cut that number down to around 150.

The UFC would like to see its contracted fighters perform three times per year; many of their top tier fighters are only performing twice with some second and third tier fighters getting four or five fights per year. Look for this to change starting this year.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oh well he could always join up with elite xc/strikeforce an make Cung Le tap an take their belt.

This tactic of scaling down the roster seems pretty strange. It almost reminds me of when a major bank or something uses massive lay-offs as a means of boosting their bottom line. In the case of the UFC though, I'm not sure it's wise of them to be gutting their competition.

Comment

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Or perhaps they're having some sort of financial trouble?

Comment

i doubt the financial trouble part, but it is weird seeing fighters cut so much lately.
        and it don't look like they are goin 2 b signing many fighters from this season of TUF judging by the Finale fight card 2 date.
        maybe they are making room so they can afford 2 sign Fedor an his Fight Team jk.

Comment

I think he deserved another place in the UFC. They should've kept him and he should've just worked more on his stamina because after all he was really close to beating Silva

Comment

yeah, but i'm sure if he wants 2 keep fighting he will b picked up by either elite xc or some other company, win a few fights an he'll b back if he improves his record......and cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
              I think he deserved another place in the UFC. They should've kept him and he should've just worked more on his stamina because after all he was really close to beating Silva
              i have to agree... anyway i thought it was 3 losses in a row and then you get ****canned???

Comment

Ye man that **** has to change by Dana White. I honestly use to have respect for where he's taken the company but with **** like this it makes you think different. He just wants guys with perfect records in his business but that won't always happen. He needs to give his guys some time to regoup themselves instead of not giving them a chance

Comment

Another stupid move was when he was his so called feud with Ortiz. That was so unprofesional. Someone like Mcmahon can do that and get away with it because his storylines are scripted. What kinds of president of a company would fight people on his payroll and guys that he signs. Very unprofessional IMO and he needs to market his company better then that

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                    Another stupid move was when he was his so called feud with Ortiz. That was so unprofesional. Someone like Mcmahon can do that and get away with it because his storylines are scripted. What kinds of president of a company would fight people on his payroll and guys that he signs. Very unprofessional IMO and he needs to market his company better then that
                    not sure about all the details between him and tito, but we all know tito was a big money maker as far as ppv was concerned. people who i know who know nothing about mma have heard of tito ortiz if that says anything. i was surprised to hear tito was leaving. i enjoyed watching him fight for the ufc

Comment

Working...
                    X