This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    I half expected them to concede a late equalizer , Chelsea were very wasteful especially moses his positioning is great but he obviously lacks quality I think Alonso is better than him in the final third

Top of the league now Chelsea won't be flying under the radar anymore
    I thought he was excellent to be fair. It is insane how fit him and Alonso are - they must have iron lungs.

I don't think Moses will ever be a natural finisher though he doesn't have that calmness but he actually reminds me of Cafu which is insane.

I think Chelsea were weaker today because Hazard was doing his stop the forward momentum stuff and Kante probably had his worst game in a Chelsea shirt. But really Chelsea should have still won that 4 nil.

I think Chelsea might win the league to be fair. A week rest in between every game and coming with that kind of intensity it is hard to deal with. Spurs pressing us high will be interesting but at the minute Chelses are just winning all the games they are supposed to. Might win the title by beating overmatched opponents. No big deal if we win it. Normal service is resumed. Can't give Chelsea and Conte that much time to prepare.

This season is an absolute free hit. A lot of our players won't even be in credit with the club if we do win the league. What they did last season was a disgrace.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-20-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Just seen Spurs travel to Monaco in the week.

Chelsea have 6 days to prepare for that game they have 2.

We'll probably get mauled by Citeh.

Comment

• Man City is struggling balancing the schedule and adapting to a new style of football. They are drawing to the likes of Boro and Soton. We aren't getting mauled by City. Not at the moment.

Spurs will be interesting though.

I know it's not the most desirable circumstances to win the league but at the end of the day, City ain't gonna do anything in Europe, so they should be trying to win the league.
        Liverpool only has the league to play for and their average age is what 24? They have prime talent to win the league, so there's still a challenge there.
        United should be making it a 3-horse race, since they also have nothing to play for besides the league but they are absolute rubbish, so that's out of the picture.

Where is Arsenal in all this? I don't know.

Spurs should still be putting the league title as priority, specially since they are on the outside looking in, in their CL table.

So it's not really our fault, or I should say, we shouldn't lessen the value of the league because 2 (spurs and city) of the top 4 teams are putting Europe as a priority and 1 of those two teams (City) is going through a transition.

With that said.... Leicester in Europe though. About to pull a Porto 2004.

Comment

• I think it does. I think that first Mourinho season back when we came 3rd was entirely due to Citeh having an inferiority complex in Europe and waving the white flag and Liverpool having no Europe and us being good in Europe and reaching the last 4. Chelsea would have walked that league if we went out in the group phase of the CL - saving us a 6 games and the associated 6 separate occassions of two games in 6 days that brings.

It is definitely easier not to be involved. Don't get me wrong I am really enjoying Chelsea at the moment but it would be sneaky Title win compared to our other title wins. That and tbh - I still have a lot of Ill feeling toward some of that squad that will never go away.

I don't want to se run down Conte's achievements though. A lot of those players we wouldn't have been able to sell on eBay before the season started. But by Chelsea's usual standards this would be a free hit. I sort of reckon any Chelsea team of the last 14 years besides last years mob would probably win the premier league without European Football. And actually if we win it this year we are basically winning it with last years mob despite 4 new first teamers in Luiz, Moses, Alonso and Kante.

Kante is the best midfielder in the league though to be fair to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Man City is struggling balancing the schedule and adapting to a new style of football. They are drawing to the likes of Boro and Soton. We aren't getting mauled by City. Not at the moment.

Spurs will be interesting though.

I know it's not the most desirable circumstances to win the league but at the end of the day, City ain't gonna do anything in Europe, so they should be trying to win the league.
            Liverpool only has the league to play for and their average age is what 24? They have prime talent to win the league, so there's still a challenge there.
            United should be making it a 3-horse race, since they also have nothing to play for besides the league but they are absolute rubbish, so that's out of the picture.

Where is Arsenal in all this? I don't know.

Spurs should still be putting the league title as priority, specially since they are on the outside looking in, in their CL table.

So it's not really our fault, or I should say, we shouldn't lessen the value of the league because 2 (spurs and city) of the top 4 teams are putting Europe as a priority and 1 of those two teams (City) is going through a transition.

With that said.... Leicester in Europe though. About to pull a Porto 2004.
            Arsenal are up there. I think they have the team to be able to beat anyone other than Liverpool imo. Liverpool just have too much pace for them and won't let them settle. If you look at each team, i'd say Arsenal have the best 11 when they're all fit. Cazorla seems to be injured most of the time, Wenger hardly plays Xhaka for some odd reason. Chelsea can be exposed at the back big time, but their midfield is so strong and Costa is clinical. Man City are there for the taking it seems, they always slip up in fixtures where they technically should be burying. Liverpool are very good but I think they're missing that bit of leadership on the pitch when things aren't going their way, I don't rate Hendo. They have tons of pace, high work rate and are great to watch though. Man Utd....lmao.

Comment

• Did people not see Arsenal scared to death against probably the worse United team in 20-25 years? and you jokers still think they can challenge for the league? have you learned nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                Did people not see Arsenal scared to death against probably the worse United team in 20-25 years? and you jokers still think they can challenge for the league? have you learned nothing?
                There's only one joker who thinks that mate - *OG Wenger*

Comment

• We fired our head coach Klinsmann today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    We fired our head coach Klinsmann today.
                    I don't know why U.S. did that I know they had a couple of bad results but y'all going to make the world cup chill the f out.
                    Klinsmann work will be seen in 5 years he did alot of good England probably will jump on him now
                    Last edited by Phenom; 11-21-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      I don't know why U.S. I did that y'all going to make the world cup chill the f out
                      Are we though?!

Comment

Working...
                      X