Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Cuban fans know what happened to Sullivan Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Cuban fans know what happened to Sullivan Barrera?

I remember seeing him fight a while back and I thought he had some potential. He had good technique and even though he'd only fought bums it seemed like he had good power and a more exciting style than the typical Cuban. His last fight was over a year ago though and I haven't seen any news on him. Anybody know if he retired or what?

While we're on the topic of Cubans disappearing, what happened to Mike Perez and Alexei Acosta?

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
      While we're on the topic of Cubans disappearing, what happened to Mike Perez and Alexei Acosta?
      Acosta actually just fought a couple weeks ago after a long layoff. I remember Perez too he won Prizefighter a couple years ago and just disappeared. I guess they just can't get fights? I don't know why some of these Cubans just randomly fall off the face of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
        Acosta actually just fought a couple weeks ago after a long layoff. I remember Perez too he won Prizefighter a couple years ago and just disappeared. I guess they just can't get fights? I don't know why some of these Cubans just randomly fall off the face of the earth.
        Perez and Collado were both Irish based, so no wonder they fell off the map. But Collado recently signed with Acquinity, so i'm guessing he'll be US based from now on.

Barrera was "promoted" by Gamboa. Not sure what happened to his guys with while his own promo situation was in limbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
          I remember seeing him fight a while back and I thought he had some potential. He had good technique and even though he'd only fought bums it seemed like he had good power and a more exciting style than the typical Cuban. His last fight was over a year ago though and I haven't seen any news on him. Anybody know if he retired or what?
          He was working out at the Davie PAL today fights next week

Comment

Epic bump there

Comment

Perez just fought last month, is very hard for the Cubans to find boxers willing to fight them, and when they do they ask for a lot... The MIA is Luis Garcia his last fight was back in 12/30/2011

Comment

Cuban fans know all cuban activity?

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Cuban fans know all cuban activity?
                  Yes we do and Collado is fighting in Tampa next friday, he was supssed fight a portorican boxer with 11 wins 0 L and 11 KOs by the kid withdrew so now is TBA...

Comment

Working...
                  X