No announcement yet.

Each year there should be a major boxing event in Cowboys Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each year there should be a major boxing event in Cowboys Stadium

I know Dallas can't match Vegas as far as afterparty/weekend activities, but Cowboys' Stadium is by far the greatest venue that I have ever been to.

I know Jerry Jones has a great relationship with Arum, but hopefully GBP can jump on board and host a couple of events there as well.

More boxing events should be held as regional attractions and possibly in big stadiums in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      More boxing events should be held as regional attractions and possibly in big stadiums in general.
      Yes but you need big stars to do that. When Mayweather refuses to fight Manny, thats the reason we don't see it as much as we would like.

Imagine Manny vs Mayweather in Cowboys Stadium......**** would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Yes but you need big stars to do that. When Mayweather refuses to fight Manny, thats the reason we don't see it as much as we would like.

Imagine Manny vs Mayweather in Cowboys Stadium......**** would be great.
        What I'm trying to say is there needs to be more local shows period.

Dudes like Ward, Alexander, Fernando Guerrero and a number of SoCal fighters are too rare. Because no promoter wants to take the time and money to build their fighters the right way anymore. We don't need superstars, we need regional stars.

Even Spaddy draws well around PBurgh, why can't more fighters do the same? then everyone really makes $ and the sport gets stronger.

Comment

What I'm trying to say is there needs to be more local shows period.

Dudes like Ward, Alexander, Fernando Guerrero and a number of SoCal fighters are too rare. Because no promoter wants to take the time and money to build their fighters the right way anymore. We don't need superstars, we need regional stars.

Even Spaddy draws well around PBurgh, why can't more fighters do the same? then everyone really makes $ and the sport gets stronger.
          Yes but this pertains to Cowboys stadium. To fill a place like that or even hold an event there it has to be big.

You are preaching to the choir when you talk about fighters being mis represented and promoted, that's a huge problem in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Yes but this pertains to Cowboys stadium. To fill a place like that or even hold an event there it has to be big.

You are preaching to the choir when you talk about fighters being mis represented and promoted, that's a huge problem in boxing.
            somehow I left out cotto.

like down here. there's nothing regular even though there are fights pretty frequently being held. it's never anything consistent and when dudes like The Road Warrior fight here, it's their keep busy fights.

I was pointing out that yes we need fights at places like Cowboy stadium, but we need much more than that!

They're trying to build up the heavies down here, but they just put on uncompetitive fights

Comment

Any fight not involving Pacquiao or Mayweather will flop in a stadium that big in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Grimes View Post
                Any fight not involving Pacquiao or Mayweather will flop in a stadium that big in America.
                Cotto wasn't a flop, it wasn't great, but it wasn't a flop.

THere's a couple fights that could be made that would give a nice turnout. Would have to be a stacked care though for sure

Comment

somehow I left out cotto.

like down here. there's nothing regular even though there are fights pretty frequently being held. it's never anything consistent and when dudes like The Road Warrior fight here, it's their keep busy fights.

I was pointing out that yes we need fights at places like Cowboy stadium, but we need much more than that!

They're trying to build up the heavies down here, but they just put on uncompetitive fights
                  That's the biggest difference between MMA and Boxing and why boxing has fallen behind.

Fighters don't want to get 1 loss or they are viewed as no good. In MMA you get fighters with 10+ losses that are still in big fights.

Promoters are scared to pit good fighter vs good fighter because of the money, it makes for boring fights, small shows and turns the fans away.

Comment

Working...
                  X