Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway is damn good.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Dana wants him to move up to 155 for some big money fights.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Heck no, that was a beatdown, not competitive.

Yair Rodriguez VS the Korean guy (I'm a MMA casual) was a way better fight.
      This............

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I've been preaching about Holloway for a while now. He was rough around the edges early on but about 3 or 4 years ago he really found himself as a fighter and the more his confidence grows, the more it plays into his style.

His punches aren't all that hard to read, but the speed at which he delivers them and the way he puts his body into them just fuks guys up. Even when they get a good shot into him, he's still on their ass and doesn't let up. Great lateral movement and varied defense. Such a great fighter to watch.
        Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Wish I'd thrown a few bucks on this now cuz I was big on Max, but with all that concussion-like symptons stuff from his almost last time in the cage I kinda lost some faith in him & wondering if he was gonna be as good as he's been or not. Nice W for Max doe regardless.
        How do you see a Ferguson vs. Holloway fight ending?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I don't like the idea of Holloway at 155. Yea, he's spidery and could even be considered big for his class, but he's a naturally thin guy and I don't think he's got the natural muscularity to grapple at 155. He's at least a talented as Ferguson, but he's not as big and that would show. Maybe in a couple years when his body naturally starts putting on weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I don't like the idea of Holloway at 155. Yea, he's spidery and could even be considered big for his class, but he's a naturally thin guy and I don't think he's got the natural muscularity to grapple at 155. He's at least a talented as Ferguson, but he's not as big and that would show. Maybe in a couple years when his body naturally starts putting on weight.
            Agree with Redd. I really like both guys & both guys have shown great talent & versatile strategies, but I think the size decides the winner with those two. I don't like the idea of Max fighting Khabib either. I think that'll be a matter of Khabib getting Max on the floor & f#cking up his day more & more from then on. If Max can keep Khabib off him for the full 25 minutes he wins, but I don't see him doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
              Now Dana wants him to move up to 155 for some big money fights.
              How many paydays are up there?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                How many paydays are up there?
                Ferguson, Khabib, Connor, Nate....he can make serious money at 155

Comment

Ferguson's elbows and unorthodox style would be a real problem for Max. I don't see it ending well for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X