Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder “WBC/VADA Clean Boxing Program Only Test You Leading Up to Your Fight”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder “WBC/VADA Clean Boxing Program Only Test You Leading Up to Your Fight”

I found this interview from Wilder interesting as I was under the impression WBC clean boxing program is all year round drug testing. Wilder was insinuating that Big Baby Miller is on performance enhancing drugs. He said as soon as Miller signs up for WBC clean boxing program, he will fight him.

Apparently Miller said he does not want to sign up as VADA need to know your whereabouts all year round and will come to take blood/urine samples at any random time even when you’re not in camp. Wilder responded saying that’s bulls**t, he said he’s been signed up for 3 years and he only gets tested leading up to a fight when he’s in camp, when he’s not in camp he never needs to let VADA know where he is. He said they have too many fighters and not enough money to test all year round.

Wilder contradicted himself as he said fighters start using drugs before camp and benefit from the drug before testing starts and the drug has left their system. So who does he want fighters to sign up to VADA when they can all still use PEDS’s and benefit according to him?

So what is the point of all year round testing if you’re not getting tested all year round? In the UK UKAD test fighters all year round and must always tell them where they are.
    Last edited by NahMean; 10-15-2018, 04:41 AM.

Yep the clean boxing program is bull****. It's the advanced testing the fighters pay for leading up to the fight that is catching people.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Yep the clean boxing program is bull****. It's the advanced testing the fighters pay for leading up to the fight that is catching people.
      Neither Wilder or Fury have signed up for advanced testing.

Comment

David Price said the same shyte about UKAD.

Originally posted by David Price
        Price says the British Boxing Board of Control should increase the number of random blood tests it carries out.

"I haven't been randomly tested since I turned pro," Price told BBC Sport.

"Not once in three-and-a-half years. I have had urine tests before title fights, but I'd like to see more random blood testing.
        Its a lot worse over there, when you get caught and they wont even disclose if you cheated, and permit you to continue fighting -- even for a world title, as was the case for Tyson and Hughie Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Its a lot worse over there, when you get caught and they wont even disclose if you cheated, and permit you to continue fighting -- even for a world title, as was the case for Tyson and Hughie Fury.
          Like Morales was permitted to fight when he had 2 positive tests in the US?
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 10-15-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

UKAD and BBBofC are two separate organisations. BBBofC does its own testing and does not enforce UKAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Like Morales was permitted to fight when he had a positive test in the US?
              I think somebody is salty that Massachusetts did the right thing with Billy 'Juice' Saunders,

but hey at least the failed drug test for contaminated meat that you are referencing is a excuse that Mexicans have been getting the benefit of the doubt to be fair, and we should take note that the failed PED test for Erik Morales leading to his fight with Danny 'Swift' Garcia was disclosed ; contrary to UKAD policy.

Comment

I think somebody is salty that Massachusetts did the right thing with Billy 'Juice' Saunders,

but hey at least the failed drug test for contaminated meat that you are referencing is a excuse that Mexicans have been getting the benefit of the doubt to be fair, and we should take note that the failed PED test for Erik Morales leading to his fight with Danny 'Swift' Garcia was disclosed ; contrary to UKAD policy.
                So you knew about it and lied anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                  UKAD and BBBofC are two separate organisations. BBBofC does its own testing and does not enforce UKAD.
                  “UKAD are acting on behalf of (BBBofC). There’s an independent panel that hear (Tyson’s case),” BBBofC general secretary Robert Smith told Sky Sports.

You make a lot of sense there.

Comment

“UKAD are acting on behalf of (BBBofC). There’s an independent panel that hear (Tyson’s case),” BBBofC general secretary Robert Smith told Sky Sports.

You make a lot of sense there.
                    "UKAD are acting on behalf of (BBBofC)" like I said 2 separate organisations and UKAD is not enforced just by being given a licence by BBBofC. Its in your own quote lol so you don't make a lot of sense. Proce was talking about BBBofC
                    Last edited by NahMean; 10-15-2018, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X