Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Philippines collapse when Pacquiao loses to Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koboy View Post
    Ask Spain and the rest of Latin America. The Philippines was colonized for 300 years by Spain and occupied by America for 50 years, yet they managed to keep their culture, language, tradition, and race intact. Now compare that to most countries, especially in Latin America, such as, Mexico and particularly Puerto Rico, who had the same parallel colonial histories with the Philippines, but unlike the Philippines lost just about everything to the Spaniards, and tell me which one could be classified as "collapsed".

The Philippines and its people will be fine, long after Manny rides into the sunset or long after the storm in your photo passes.
    You do understand the dynamic which led this to occur in the island right¿ Also, i would not say we had the same parallel colonial history. Spain pretty much abandoned PR after 30 years because there was way more gold in the rest of the "new world". it was not until the later part and end of the 1800 that spain renewed their interest in PR. I would like to add that if PR or the Antillean archipelago was as vast as the Philippine archipelago more of the original peoples would have remained. just like they remain in south america.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
      Thank You!

your welcome!!! I hope when that happens i can have enuf bank to buy some property alla!

Comment

Working...
      X