No announcement yet.

Chicago Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    I'm not asking for you to do anything, travesty. Haha. If you don't like the thread or agree with it, you don't have to be on here, man. The more anything is talked about, the more it becomes known which spurns people into action. I don't expect anybody on here to do anything but it's good to be informed.
    I don't have a problem with the thread. I'm only wondering about the purpose for it.

Let me ask you a question. Does thread get made if not for the mass shooting in Ohio and Texas?

Maybe you visit Chicago often? There has to be some reason suddenly that you are so interested in Chicago. I wonder what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      I don't have a problem with the thread. I'm only wondering about the purpose for it.

Let me ask you a question. Does thread get made if not for the mass shooting in Ohio and Texas?

Maybe you visit Chicago often? There has to be some reason suddenly that you are so interested in Chicago. I wonder what it could be.
      Actually I think reading Death Sentence probably brought it up. It's the sequel to the book Death Wish which took place in New York. In the sequel, he's in Chicago as the vigilante. It painted a pretty ugly picture of Chicago back in the 70s. And well, nowadays doesn't seem to be any better. Maybe it's time to shed light on it. Or any bad area for that matter. This is something that never seems to be talked about. Bad areas and how to improve them. It's an interesting subject. And why shouldn't we want to see them improved?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        Actually I think reading Death Sentence probably brought it up. It's the sequel to the book Death Wish which took place in New York. In the sequel, he's in Chicago as the vigilante. It painted a pretty ugly picture of Chicago back in the 70s. And well, nowadays doesn't seem to be any better. Maybe it's time to shed light on it. Or any bad area for that matter. This is something that never seems to be talked about. Bad areas and how to improve them. It's an interesting subject. And why shouldn't we want to see them improved?
        We should want to see it improved. I don't think your thread does anything to improve it.

The point about other mass shootings is that they could happen anywhere. Could happen to me right now right here.

Chicago is a totally different issue. Feel free to go there and educate the gang members. That would do more than this thread.

Comment

Do ya'll care about the people who dies or just the race of the gunmen?? because honestly that seems to be all the only thing people in the lounge care and argue about..The race of the murderer

Comment

White people kill people and commit crimes just like black people and other races do...get over it

Comment

Some people did something...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Do ya'll care about the people who dies or just the race of the gunmen?? because honestly that seems to be all the only thing people in the lounge care and argue about..The race of the murderer
                Exactly this. It's really sad.

Comment

Theres a difference between gang banging and terrorism. It can be argued the difference is only a fine line BUT I avoid gang member and gang areas, I cannot avoid terrorist areas nor can I spot out a terrorist.

Comment

I have been saying this for years about Chicago's shooting/murder rate. It gets swept under the rug because it doesn't fit the agenda.

There are innocent people that get shot and live in terror in those neighborhoods.

The only news that came out was Smollett that had an agenda and we all saw how that evolved.

We have too many mass shootings and something has to get done, but we can't ignore all those street shootings and homicides that claims so many lives every year.

Comment

Chicago police have released crime numbers for the month of July Thursday, and they show a 9% crime decrease compared to last year.

https://wgntv-com.cdn.ampproject.org...d-shootings%2F

Comment

Working...
                      X