Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should society do more to combat the bigotry against the Transgender community?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Should society do more to combat the bigotry against the Transgender community?

I'm sure the less educated amongst us will fear such a view but after having read some of the literature pertaining to this highly sensitive topic I have to conclude that these people deserve the same level respect and equality as all of our fellow Americans, just like the ****sexual community deserve equality and anti discrimination action and activism.

It's clear that there is a strong genetic component to this "situation" (I won't use the term "disorder" as I see that as a highly offensive way of describing it), and undergoing to full operation to transition from male to female or vice versa is not something that is just done on a whim. I'm convinced (after reading the science) that there are some strong intrinsic differences, especially in the brain and hormone levels that predispose people to change genders. Some men/women in real life are more feminine/masculine, but transgender people are notably more deviant from the gender they were born into.

Some harrowing stats.

Transgender individuals also face discrimination in employment and housing and within government settings. Transgender individuals face double the unemployment, and 90% of those employed face discrimination within their own jobs.[6] The 1994 Employment Non-Discrimination Act does not protect transgender individuals’ from employment discrimination.[4] Essentially 26% of transgender individuals had lost a job because of their transgender or non-conforming gender status.[6] The NCTE claims, “Respondents who had lost a job due to bias also experienced ruinous consequences such as four times the rate of homelessness.”[6] Transgender individuals are also oftentimes discriminated within government settings through healthcare policies and government-issued IDs. Healthcare policies do not recognize transgender iden****** as a physical disability. Rather, it is oftentimes characterized as a mental disability, providing transgender individuals with insufficient care: Healthcare policies do not address the pre- and post-operative needs of those individuals that elect to go through sex-change operations.[4] In addition, transgender individuals disproportionately affected by HIV-AIDS and are more likely to do drugs or alcohol. Although transgender individuals are more at risk health-wise, 19% of the respondents have described being refused medical care and 50% described their medical care was postponed because of their gender status.[6] Transgender individuals also face discrimination when it comes to government-issued IDs. Only one-fifth of the respondents claimed they were able to update all their identification documents. 41% of the respondents live without a driver’s license that matches their gender identity.[6]

Transgender individuals are disproportionately affected by hate crimes, and some could argue the current justice and legal system are not equipped to manage such crimes. Transgender individuals are at risk for hate crime, yet transgender individuals are less likely to report transphobic violence because of their distrust for the police.[4] According to the NCTE, “One-fifth (22%) of respondents who have interacted with police, reported harassment by police, with much higher rates reported by people of color.”[6] Overall, transgender individuals face discrimination by government agencies. NCTE also reports, “One fifth (22%) were denied equal treatment by a government agency or official; 29% reported police harassment or disrespect; and 12% had been denied equal treatment or harassed by judges or court officials.
    Last edited by Shaolin Sword; 05-19-2017, 01:48 PM.

BM dnobagaV if you're going to neg me in my thread address me in my thread you punk.

Comment

What should we do have a National Transgender Day? And like every person with a dick puts on a fake boob tank top & all the people with p#ssies put on a fake dick shorts so everyone is transgender for a day?

I tend to think there is a perceived normal in every society & the further away from that perceived normal you are the more problems you are likely to have in your life & the less you'll be accepted.

And that's not just transgender people, that's the non-white guy at some bank in a 90% white town, that's the white guy at the 7-Eleven in some 90% black town, that's the fat guy, that's the oddly shaped face woman, that's a million other things to varying degrees. That's just sorta how human beings work like it or not, PC or not.

Once we are all the same color from f#cking each other & taking pills to be muscled up & in near perfect bodies or living inside some sorta robot or VR world or something crazy like that & things look like they are equal for everyone we'll still find some sh^t that'll make some people "normal" or more normal & some people incapable of that version of normal.

Comment

No...........

Comment

I will not applaud mental illness nor support it

Comment

send all the shim's to another planet on a penis shape rocket ship

Comment

Somebody caught you wearing that skirt again, didn't they?

Now we know why those boys chased you and took your shoes. They weren't sneakers, they were pumps. (That explains why you couldn't outrun them)

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Somebody caught you wearing that skirt again, didn't they?

Now we know why those boys chased you and took your shoes. They weren't sneakers, they were pumps. (That explains why you couldn't outrun them)
                You look like a serial rapist.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                  I will not applaud mental illness nor support it
                  I assume you've worn Native American Attire?

It's rather effeminate no? What with the nudity, feathers, flamboyant face paintings and the fact you use leaves to cover your genitals and ass crack....?

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                    send all the shim's to another planet on a penis shape rocket ship
                    Peace out to Alexkid. You know he's not missing a flight on the c#ck rocket.

Comment

Working...
                    X