This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watch Have I got New for You?

Sterling in hot water for smiling at 587th anniversary of Joan of Arc.

Tbh, he’s being bullied.

That said, I used to work with a few failed pros in my early 20’s in a big London store and they were just a bit weird man. That whole bit of growing up between 14-20 is all messed up. I’m generalising a bit but I can empathise it is that one tracked mind and if it doesn’t come off they’re just a bit downhearted.

Who would you have a pint with in that England team? Harry Kane looks like brutal company.

Actually, I know. Harry Maguire. He seems alright. Sterling would defo get the drinks in

Comment

• Not sure how approachable England/Prem stars are on a social (outside of work) level but i have 'sat and drank' with the likes of Wes Morgan and Andy Reid, and many lesser known Forest players.

Being local helps them with a down to earth attitude that i can imagine the Prem stars lack, especially younger players that are thrust into the spotlight at a young age.

Comment

• Sterling seems like a good dude to kick it with.

Anyone seen the video where he is hanging out with that fifa youtuber? Literally a nobody but the dude plays fifa and is funny about it, and Sterling just kicks it with him and talks tunes while cruising around town.

Kalou probably would've been a bull worth hanging out with in the club. He was always pictured with the birds leaving the club. Always. Guaranteed puddin' hanging with Kalou.

Comment

• Liverpool link with Cillessen. Solid backup if they can't get Alisson. He is too good to be sitting on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Sterling seems like a good dude to kick it with.

Anyone seen the video where he is hanging out with that fifa youtuber? Literally a nobody but the dude plays fifa and is funny about it, and Sterling just kicks it with him and talks tunes while cruising around town.

Kalou probably would've been a bull worth hanging out with in the club. He was always pictured with the birds leaving the club. Always. Guaranteed puddin' hanging with Kalou.
            You mean KSI? lol the dude is an idiot but very popular (sadly that's how it works now).. probably multi millionaire himself these days.. def not a nobody

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              So no actual response then? you didn't post the sun slagging off Sterling? I read that "thread" you posted and it's nothing just the usual garbage papers use to fill pages with.. stuff they have been attacking players with for YEARS

Yep only reason El Fenemeno has noticed.. you guessed it.. he plays for City

Boo****inghoo they're attacking a young entitled overrated English footballer who gets paid way to much.. Never seen that before and at least in the past as you say the targets had actually achieved stuff/were world class.

Bullying doe.. Yeah never seen the press try to tear down celebs/footballers before.. bet Sterling cries himself to sleep the poor chap
              I literally posted this massive response below, use your eyes:

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Mate, you don't have to read papers to see or hear about news coverage and headlines. Do you use social media at all? One of the pics I posted was a snippet from Sky Sports News yesterday where they literally invented a quote to make Sterling look worse.

Sterling's treatment is not 'par for the course' in the slightest, it's a disgrace (as everyone else in the thread agrees apart from you). Please show me any player ever who has received more unprovoked criticism in the media.

Based on your comments you seem like the sort of person the tabloids are aiming for with their coverage tbh. You're being either blind or ignorant.

Here's an 11 page thread on United's main forum which highlights the ridiculous treatment he regularly receives. Hope that clears things up: http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-m...rimark.425985/
              I posted because he's been systematically bullied for years in a way no other player has been. Beckham and Rooney had negative press for years but there was reason for it, whether you think those reasons warranted the coverage or not. All Sterling's coverage has been completely unprovoked.

As I said, check out the multi page thread on United's main forum where you'll find everyone agrees with my point of view. Siding with anyone but Sterling is a really odd stance to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Anyone watch Have I got New for You?

Sterling in hot water for smiling at 587th anniversary of Joan of Arc.

Tbh, he’s being bullied.
                Have you ever seen a player get criticised for shopping cheap but also for spending money?

Buys mum a sink - OBSCENE

Flies budget - TIGHTARSE

Hiring a PRIVATE jet? Shouldn't you be flying budget? OBSECNE

Shopping at POUNDLAND? How could he?!

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  Have you ever seen a player get criticised for shopping cheap but also for spending money?

Buys mum a sink - OBSCENE

Flies budget - TIGHTARSE

Hiring a PRIVATE jet? Shouldn't you be flying budget? OBSECNE

Shopping at POUNDLAND? How could he?!
                  Yeah it is all very weird.

It is generally though, because footy players earn this money the media believe that to offset that they can have unmitigated access to their lives and pass
                  comment.

Tbh, even we fans do it. I’ve definitely said it was weird that Aguero speaks zero English after nearly a decade. But it’s weird that that would bother me. It wouldn’t with anybody in real life that I meet. It’s the assumption that the money should make them want to assimilate as if it makes them duty bound.

In reality, dude earns a fortune and gives 50% back in taxes. The man is a patriot.

Comment

• Looks like Zidane has resigned wow. Surprising but probably smart to go out on top, as soon as things went remotely wrong they would've just sacked him anyway.

Comment

• I think they were going to sack him if he didn’t win the European Cup.

Finishing 3rd migh as well be finishing bottom over there. Sevilla or Valencia have the annual budget of Stoke City

Poch to Real?

Comment

Working...
                      X