Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many former 147/154 lb guys have moved up to face GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    Steve Frank
    William Bo James
    John David Jackson
    Andrew Council
    Simon Brown
    Keith Holmes
    Felix Trinidad
    Carl Daniels
    Oscar De La Hoya

Edit: Oh boy, do I feel stupid. I accidentally took the fighters that Hopkins fought. My bad.
    when u got multi/title/weight titlists, hof and atg in your list, do you not get that your joke is on yourself? It surely must have dawned on you before you hit the return key.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      but they are wins over awesome opposition on the whole.
      I love monzon but I can't look over the fact that they were much smaller men and fighting in a weight class they weren't the best at.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        Yeah like Brook and Canelo were the two first ones to come to mind. Then Vanes too.
        just because Canelo created a fictional version of middleweight doesn't mean he has no experience at MW. Esp. since he fought at super middleweight earlier, and also my no means does he look small at 165. It wasn't like when Oscar fought Sturm, and Oscar just looked like a pudgy welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Atleast there's a couple of HOF fighters there. How many of Golovkins opponents would even get on the nominations card?
          When did he fight them and when did they get made into HOF'ers?

Comment

When did he fight them and when did they get made into HOF'ers?
            If you can't see Hopkins resume is vastly superior then you are blinded by fanboyism or just don't know boxing.

Comment

Steve Frank
              William Bo James
              John David Jackson
              Andrew Council
              Simon Brown
              Keith Holmes
              Felix Trinidad
              Carl Daniels
              Oscar De La Hoya

Edit: Oh boy, do I feel stupid. I accidentally took the fighters that Hopkins fought. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Ouma, Macklin, Rosado, Ishida etc etc
                Literally 90% of his resume but its not worth pointing out or debating at the risk of his rabid fanbase following you derailing your threads nonstop.
                It's not worth it to point out because it's such a stupid observation to make. I could make this about any fighter.

Guess what: boxers usually have long careers in boxing. Not uncommon for someone who started professionally boxing as an 18 year old to gain a lot of weight from 21-30.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  If you can't see Hopkins resume is vastly superior then you are blinded by fanboyism or just don't know boxing.
                  Joe Lipsey.
                  3 x Robert Allen

Or do you mean Joppy who had 2 fights in 3 years, and one of them was a loss, and another one very close with a domestic fighter.

Or Morrade Hakkar?

Or inactive Keith Holmes?

Or maybe you mean Steve Frank?

Comment

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
                    Right I don't know why people put him at top 10 of all time, other than Griffith who else does have to constitute his atg status
                    Because they are ignorant

And Griffith was a natural welterweight too, and he fought with Monzón with several wars in his back

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      That's a reach. Guys at 147-154 commonly move up. Becomes a lot less common the higher up in weight (a huge amount of Welterweights have gone on to be Middleweight champ, very few Light Heavyweights have gone on to become Heavyweight Champ (after 1979)
                      Yup. A lot of guys moved up to fight Hagler.

(I guess HE sucks, too.)

Comment

Working...
                      X