No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I Definitely Want Shawn Porter Fight Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Too much hype for nipples here, Porter has a better resume and would give nipples all sorts of problems.

Nipples beat a version of Brook that was still damaged from GGG, apart from Brook who has he beaten?

Peterson? decent, but not a huge 147 guy.

Algieri? GTFO

Thats it a couple of decent wins, nothing special at all.

Resumes don't win fights. Why didn't Porter want to fight Spence for his belt instead of fighting guys like Broner and Berto? He said he "wasn't thinking about Spence right now" and "I already had the IBF belt" and "I am going a different direction towards the WBC belt".

Face it, he didn't want to fight Spence. Spence is very physical like Porter is, with better skills, a harder punch, and will stop Porter coming in. After wearing him down, he may also stop Porter.

Comment

I hope Shawn doesn't 🦆 ESJ! I'll respect him for stepping up to the plate. I think ESJ is a great fighter and I'm a fan of his but I don't want people avoiding him or afraid to talk sh** back to him. ESJ has flaws just like every fighter in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by gdub27 View Post
        We won’t see Crawford vs Spence for a while. Both camps want to build that fight up to be a super fight, on a level similar to pac and floyd. I don’t think either side is scared, but they respect the danger each of them presents, and they want to be paid accordingly.
        The realest post in this thread.

Comment

Fight has to be made

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            That's what I'm talking about. Daring to be great! The biggest challenge for the biggest money. I think Spence is that good.

By the way, bro, do you give Porter any chance against Spence?
            Not at all! Spence by KO in 9! I don't know if he'll beat Canelo, but I think he beats everyone at 147 easy except Crawford. Spence vs. Crawford is a 50/50 fight! He won't fight Jermell because that's his guy, but I think Spence beats everyone @ 154 easy except Hurd. Hurd will be at 160 by then!
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 09-10-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              Resumes don't win fights. Why didn't Porter want to fight Spence for his belt instead of fighting guys like Broner and Berto? He said he "wasn't thinking about Spence right now" and "I already had the IBF belt" and "I am going a different direction towards the WBC belt".

Face it, he didn't want to fight Spence. Spence is very physical like Porter is, with better skills, a harder punch, and will stop Porter coming in. After wearing him down, he may also stop Porter.
              That is your interpretation, but Porter delivered on exactly what he said.

He had already held the IBF belt, and now has the WBC belt, which is a more recognized and respected belt, making him a double champion.

As for ducking Spence? He fought Thurman who was claimed the strongest guy at 147 hands down at the time.

Also I bet he made more $$$ fighting Berto and Broner than he would of fighting Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Not at all! Spence by KO in 9! I don't know if he'll beat Canelo, but I think he beats everyone at 147 easy except Crawford. Spence vs. Crawford is a 50/50 fight! He won't fight Jermell because that's his guy, but I think Spence beats everyone @ 154 easy except Hurd. Hurd will be at 160 by then!
                I agree with everything you say here.

The only thing is the fight is 60/40 right now in Spence's favor, IMO, based purely on sheer size and longer seasoning at welter. Spence is skilled on top of that.

In 2020, when this fight is most likely to happen, I'd easily pick Crawford, unless something drastic happens to him in the meantime. Crawford is the more skilled boxer of the two.

The question is whether Spence would still be at welter by then. I'd say it is highly unlikely.

This fight may never happen or, if it does, it might be at superwelter in a few years. One thing for sure, though, these two are on a collision course!

I'm a fan of both and .

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  That is your interpretation, but Porter delivered on exactly what he said.

He had already held the IBF belt, and now has the WBC belt, which is a more recognized and respected belt, making him a double champion.

As for ducking Spence? He fought Thurman who was claimed the strongest guy at 147 hands down at the time.

Also I bet he made more $$$ fighting Berto and Broner than he would of fighting Spence.
                  Yes, he fought Thurman, and lost. He also fought Brook, and lost. Spence stopped Brook, and stopped Peterson who arguably beat Danny Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    How do you feel about Garcia vs. Garcia?
                    Thats ok but honestly I am tired of cross division and CW fights that are only being done because the fights we want can't or wont be made. Mikey should fight the winner of Loma/Pedrazza (which will be Loma). Spence should fight Porter. Crawford should fight Manny. Dogbe should unify as well.

Danny should fight Broner next to decide who will be the PBC ww gatekeeper since niether guy appears that they can defeat the top ww-although I had danny beating Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
                      Yes, he fought Thurman, and lost. He also fought Brook, and lost. Spence stopped Brook, and stopped Peterson who arguably beat Danny Garcia.
                      Fair points, but none of that really gives credence to Porter 'ducking' Spence which was your implication.

Triangulation theories are interesting, but both the Thurman and Brook defeats were in very close fights so there is no hard evidence that Spence would beat Porter right now. You could make the argument that Peterson was past prime and Brook was still damaged by the GGG fight when referencing Spence in exactly the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X