No announcement yet.

George Washington University tells students to avoid ‘whitesplaining’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    The DIE (diversity inclusion equity) cult has spread to business and society. I read the Boston Globe daily and they harp on this ‘diversity delusion’ every f.#cking day, it’s so effing annoying. Also, this cult of diversity is dogmatic, so you can’t question its validity - if you do you’re branded a racist and your reputation can be damaged.
    It’s happening everywhere, even in government and military. It’s absolutley pathetic how this constant drumbeat of trigger words such as diversity and inclusion have been placed on the forefront in industries and organizations where it was rarely if ever a problem in recent decades.

I went to both UMASS amd Northeasterm to finish my degrees, and the worst part was that any course that even touched on race, ethnicity, religion or gender did so from a negative perepsective. Every scenario used to get a point across demonized and villianized whites.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Aren’t you a lil old to be going back to college?
      You're never too old.

I've worked with quite a few people who were 'fresh outs' in their 50s.

They'd worked decades in other industries, and they had went back to school and gotten a degree relative to our field and switched career fields.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Not even sure WTF that means, but ok...good to see their tuition money is going towards something they can really use in the future. And these are the people Bernie wants to give a free ride through college.

Administrators at George Washington University are advising students against using offensive words like “lame” and “insane.” Other tips for new students include avoiding “whitesplaining,” which they claim is “a form of racism.”

According to a report by Campus Reform, a new program implemented by officials at George Washington University is telling students to avoid mundane words like “lame” and “insane.” The program, entitled EVERFI, presents students with a set of social scenarios. In each scenario, one student breaks one of the “rules” of political correctness.

Students at George Washington University have reported that this political correctness training program was required before they were permitted to begin their fall classes.

One of the problems given to students involves an encounter between a white student and his Native American friend. “Taylor, who is white, notices his Navajo friend, Kai, wearing a turquoise and silver necklace. ‘That’s pretty, but I hope you didn’t get it at Urban Mercantile. They’ve been selling lots of Native American-type jewelry, but I’m sure you’d want to support Native artists, not chain store. Nobody should shop there.’”

The program informs students that Taylor was “being condescending” and could “lose his friend’s trust.” The program then accuses Taylor of “whitesplaining,” which it calls “a form of racism.”

https://michaelsavage.com/george-was...hitesplaining/

Comment

It like this white savior **** they try and pull.

Someone white does something nice or does something good for black people or a black person, and they get accused of being a white savior and perpetuating racist stereotypes.

You really can't make this **** up

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            It like this white savior **** they try and pull.

Someone white does something nice or does something good for black people or a black person, and they get accused of being a white savior and perpetuating racist stereotypes.

You really can't make this **** up
            Yea idk about all that. I'm sure some people think like that, but thats a minority of mfers who are cynical of everything & you shouldn't give their opinion or stance so much weight. Cool people can do cool sh^t to cool people without it being a thing let alone a negative thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              I went to both UMASS amd Northeasterm to finish my degrees, and the worst part was that any course that even touched on race, ethnicity, religion or gender did so from a negative perepsective. Every scenario used to get a point across demonized and villianized whites.
              There is a lot of people to villianize in the US's history with that type of sh^t. This isn't surprising to me & shouldn't be surprising to anyone who knows minimal about history. And I think a lot of the wrongs are just being accepted as wrongs in a real way so don't worry about it'll get less demonzing in the history books over time & we all get along more & more.

I do agree with what I think a part of your opinion is that a lot of this diversity talk has turned into "no whites" by some people or some SNL skit where every place you gots to go has to be some sorta Noah's Ark like place of a token rep from every race & sexual orientation by others, but overall I think a certain amount of diversity is great. If its "no white people" diversity its a problem. If its some sorta bizarro world where every fast food place has to have a token transgender hire its a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                There is a lot of people to villianize in the US's history with that type of sh^t. This isn't surprising to me & shouldn't be surprising to anyone who knows minimal about history. And I think a lot of the wrongs are just being accepted as wrongs in a real way so don't worry about it'll get less demonzing in the history books over time & we all get along more & more.

I do agree with what I think a part of your opinion is that a lot of this diversity talk has turned into "no whites" by some people or some SNL skit where every place you gots to go has to be some sorta Noah's Ark like place of a token rep from every race & sexual orientation by others, but overall I think a certain amount of diversity is great. If its "no white people" diversity its a problem. If its some sorta bizarro world where every fast food place has to have a token transgender hire its a problem.
                This is generally where I am coming from. We live in such an "all or nothing at all" climate now. You can't be for or against something partially or halfway. It's expected that you follow the herd of extremism and intolerant viewpoints. Doesn't matter if it's radical liberals, hard right conservatives, LBGT, or whatever social justice flavor of the month issue is at stake. We see this all time when people are unwilling to even listen to an alternative point of view, and that is becoming the new norm. People have their minds made up before even considering any alternatives, they are dug in on a position and won't move from it at any cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Yea idk about all that. I'm sure some people think like that, but thats a minority of mfers who are cynical of everything & you shouldn't give their opinion or stance so much weight. Cool people can do cool sh^t to cool people without it being a thing let alone a negative thing.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47400300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47610081

A British MP was speaking out against white saviors

As a result charity going to Africa from Britain fell £8 million.

These people rather see African children suffer and die rather than white people seen as good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47400300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47610081

A British MP was speaking out against white saviors

As a result charity going to Africa from Britain fell £8 million.

These people rather see African children suffer and die rather than white people seen as good guys.
                    I'm not sure you read what I said.

Here try it again.

"I'm sure some people think like that, but thats a minority of mfers who are cynical of everything & you shouldn't give their opinion or stance so much weight"

Comment

care to guess as to why bernie and the dems want MUH FREE COLLEGE and lowered admission standards so badly?

dumb people = less likely to pursue challenging degrees

SJW studies degree = worth less than the paper it's printed on = no gainful employment = dependency on welfare programs

universities = marxist factories that churn out low IQ democrat voters

that's why.
                      Last edited by John Barron; 06-27-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X