Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a black man,I have come to the realization that I am discriminated for being black

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    There are a lot of hoaxes that I assumed that this was one. Anyway, if you were discriminated against based on race then you certainly have a valid claim.

I live in Massachusetts so I sometimes assume that the rest of the country is as equal and fair. We don’t stand for racism against anyone and take pains (via our legal system and legislature) to ensure our citizens are not subject to discrimination.
    Thank you for admitting that I am black.

Unlike the troll (a very obvious troll at that, not a good one at all) darkseid.

Don't know how it is up there, but down here in the South, it is a lot of prejudice. I am trying my best though. That's all I can do at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      There are a lot of hoaxes that I assumed that this was one. Anyway, if you were discriminated against based on race then you certainly have a valid claim.

I live in Massachusetts so I sometimes assume that the rest of the country is as equal and fair. We don’t stand for racism against anyone and take pains (via our legal system and legislature) to ensure our citizens are not subject to discrimination.
      I was just wondering if I can get your opinion on something. I've often heard Boston referred to as a "racist city." And I've also heard athletes say that Boston is one of those places where the fans really use race to rip into opposing players.

I'm assuming you are from there with your SN, and you just mentioned the fairness of Mass. Was just wondering your honest opinion of Boston when it comes to racial discrimination.

I've never been there and I always make up my own mind, so it's not that I wouldn't check it out, but I've never really had a desire to visit Boston for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Hey. Have you checked out the series called "When They See Us" about the Central Park 5?

You should give it a watch. I'd be interested in knowing what you think of it. Might make you wonder how many other times such atrocities happened to minorities but were never righted.
        I will if you promise to read Thomas Sowell's "Vision of the Anointed", "Society and Intellectuals" and "Quest for Cosmic Justice"

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          This. .... ^^^^^^ thank you brother. . From another mother.. side by side, we throw down.. our enemies will crumble...
          Respect big homie.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            I will if you promise to read Thomas Sowell's "Vision of the Anointed" and "Quest for Cosmic Justice"
            Sure, why not?

I didn't realize asking you to watch a fantastically well done series would cause you to need to "retaliate" with me reading 2 books. lol.

Are they on topic? We can cut to the chase and I can explain the point of why I asked if you saw the documentary. And you can feel free to let me know what's relevant in your 2 books.

As for why I asked, are you aware of what happened to the Central Park 5 and why it happened to them?

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Sure, why not?

I didn't realize asking you to watch a fantastically well done series would cause you to need to "retaliate" with me reading 2 books. lol.

Are they on topic? We can cut to the chase and I can explain the point of why I asked if you saw the document. And you can feel free to let me know what's relevant in your 2 books.

As for why I asked, are you aware of what happened to the Central Park 5 and why it happened to them?
              It's not retaliation. I hate watching TV/movies in general so I would need compensation.

Thomas Sowell is my favorite race relations writer, maybe one of my top 5 modern writers period, up there with Nasim Taleb.

No I'm not aware of this case.

Comment

I'm a professional with white collar job. The blacks I've worked with does not seem to have this victim mentality. As a matter of fact one black dude I talked to said it makes him mad that many of his fellow blacks are committing these crimes (robbery, etc..) because it makes them (hard working black people) look bad.

Comment

It's not retaliation. I hate watching TV/movies in general so I would need compensation.
                  LMAO. "Compensation"???? Did you really type that? lol. Dude.

I don't watch TV besides sports, movies, and docs...maybe a few series here and there, so I feel you. But if you didn't want to watch it, all you had to do was say so. But I have no idea how me reading a book would compensate you somehow. lol. It's not like it would give you your time back or anything.

Thomas Sowell is my favorite race relations writer, maybe one of my top 5 modern writers period, up there with Nasim Taleb.

No I'm not aware of this case.

Ok. Well then I'll take back asking you to watch the documentary.

Here's more or less a synapsis that you can read. Now you let me know why these kids had to go through this if America is so great for black folks.

https://qz.com/1641025/court-filing-...k-five-case-2/

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                    I'm a professional with white collar job. The blacks I've worked with does not seem to have this victim mentality. As a matter of fact one black dude I talked to said it makes him mad that many of his fellow blacks are committing these crimes (robbery, etc..) because it makes them (hard working black people) look bad.
                    I'm finding spending too much time reading online "oppression meltdowns" is damaging my expectations of real life human behavior and giving me a short fuse.

The other day this guy walked into our office and asked my coworker "ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE FILIPINOS" (he's hawaiian) before even saying hello and I winced thinking I'd be dealing with some racial harassment debacle for the next 6 months. I started to calm him down.

But he's a really laid back churchy type and just played along for fun.

It turned out the guy is moving to the Philippines on a few days notice because he found out his wife is pregnant and wants to have the baby in her native country. He was pissing his pants nervous and just asking everyone in the building if they're Filipino.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Look at this ol' Sunspace sheit here... Taking hand pics in front of a computer screen
                      ****ing hell

Comment

Working...
                      X