Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Won't Be at MSG Because He Doesn't Want Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Won't Be at MSG Because He Doesn't Want Joshua

Eddie Hearn, promoter for WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, says he is not surprised that WBC champion Deontay Wilder will not be ringside this coming Saturday night. Last week, Wilder's co-manager, Shelly Finkel, said his boxer will not be ringside for Joshua's fight with Andy Ruiz on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The summer is coming and we get more hot air from slick Eddie. If they really wanted Wilder they would have addressed the contract concerns that the bronze bomber had. A one way rematch clause? C'mon Eddie. You knew that was going nowhere!

Comment

We know that Eddie. Wilder has said he doesn't want Joshua even if offered 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        We know that Eddie. Wilder has said he doesn't want Joshua even if offered 50/50.
        Oh he said that? Sorry tea and crumpets boy, Wilder would relish a 50/50 split with no strings attached!

Comment

Frazier and Muhammad Ali
          each earned $2.5 million for their heavyweight title fight.

—Heavyweight champion George Foreman earns $5 million and the former champion Ali earns $5.45 million for The Rumble in the Jungle.
          —Holmes and Cooney made 10 million a piece for their fight.
          —Tyson was paid 30 million and Holyfield 35.
          —Mayweather 250 million and Pacquiao 160
          —Canelo vs GGG was a 55/45 split
          —Wilder 14 million and Fury 10
          —Lewis 17.5 million and Tyson 17.5 million
          —Haye vs Klitschko 50/50 split

I could go on and on and on. Notice the trend here? That’s right I know you see it. Prizefights typically are and have been equitable for both fighters. Some on this list brought much more than the other. The bottom line is, I don’t care who is A,B,C,D fighter. When fighting for a belt that is going to generate potentially a million + ppv buys you make the split equitable and not 10-20 million flat pay s h ! t.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
            Oh he said that? Sorry tea and crumpets boy, Wilder would relish a 50/50 split with no strings attached!
            Yep. He's not fighting Joshua this year even if offered 50/50. Keep up to date with the situation if you want to discuss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              Frazier and Muhammad Ali
              each earned $2.5 million for their heavyweight title fight.

—Heavyweight champion George Foreman earns $5 million and the former champion Ali earns $5.45 million for The Rumble in the Jungle.
              —Holmes and Cooney made 10 million a piece for their fight.
              —Tyson was paid 30 million and Holyfield 35.
              —Mayweather 250 million and Pacquiao 160
              —Canelo vs GGG was a 55/45 split
              —Wilder 14 million and Fury 10
              —Lewis 17.5 million and Tyson 17.5 million
              —Haye vs Klitschko 50/50 split

I could go on and on and on. Notice the trend here? That’s right I know you see it. Prizefights typically are and have been equitable for both fighters. Some on this list brought much more than the other. The bottom line is, I don’t care who is A,B,C,D fighter. When fighting for a belt that is going to generate potentially a million + ppv buys you make the split equitable and not 10-20 million flat pay s h ! t.
              Wilder doesn't want the fight even if offered 50/50 so i don't see your point.

Comment

Yep. He's not fighting Joshua this year even if offered 50/50. Keep up to date with the situation if you want to discuss it.
                Sources anyone? He never said that he wouldn't fight Joshua. What WAS said was that Hearn and Joshua turned it down!

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                  Sources anyone? He never said that he wouldn't fight Joshua. What WAS said was that Hearn and Joshua turned it down!
                  Waste of time discussing it with you. You're out of touch with the news or reality.

Comment

Wilder doesn't want the fight even if offered 50/50 so i don't see your point.
                    Please tell me you’re not dense enough to know what tongue in cheek is right? It’s called a ploy to pull more out of Hearm. He’d take 50-50....he’d take 60-40

Comment

Working...
                    X