Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find too many credible people picking Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GGG does get a win will he get any respect here since he's basically got zero chance of winning?

I'm going to get at no.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      yeah unless its a robbery or controversial.
      I find that hard to believe, if Canelo wins a decision, I don't think you'll accept it and will cry robbery even if it's even slightly close.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        If GGG does get a win will he get any respect here since he's basically got zero chance of winning?

I'm going to get at no.
        I'll congratulate him, but he's still a career mw who's been waiting his whole career to pull smaller fighters up to his weight to try yo get a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
          True about reach, GGG's height advantage adds-up to a small functional advantage. Always, have had a problem with reach measurements wingspan or armpit to fist neither is adequat, I think center of chest to end of fist is a more functional measurement or half of wingspan if measured to the end of the fist instead of fingertips.
          Don't know what method Boxrec used but from the armpit to fist or like you say chest to fist is more accurate than the wingspan.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            Because he has basically zero reach advantage lol
            golovkin is taller by 2 inches you simpleton, that gives him a range advantage which is more important that reach advantage

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Don't know what method Boxrec used but from the armpit to fist or like you say chest to fist is more accurate than the wingspan.
              FYI BoxingRec uses Wingspan-fingertip to fingertip.

Comment

Originally posted by triplohe View Post
                golovkin is taller by 2 inches you simpleton, that gives him a range advantage which is more important that reach advantage
                Really? So how much of a range advantage does that give him expert?

Comment

This fight is way too close to call but I give Golovkin a slight edge. This will be a back and forth fight that might go to the last round. I don't see a KO or even a KD. Golovkin has a chance to win but he'll have to get the decision in Vegas.

I wasn't as surprised about Golovkin getting a favorable decision in New York agianst Jacobs. I would be shocked if he did against Canelo in Vegas.

Comment

GGG tko 9. Corner stops it.

Comment

Working...
                    X