No announcement yet.

If Anthony Joshua knocks klitschko out, i don't want to see backpeddaling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
    I'm gonna have to beg to differ on your last point. I think the Rooney Tyson was the best a short heavy could've been. I do see what your saying about the opposition not being stellar, but only the 60s really had a great overall heavy scene. When you watch Tyson out jab Tucker, when you watch him outbox and demolish Biggs you see a dimension as a boxer along with his undoubted power that we never got to see again when he left Rooney. It's a shame. But it was fun while it lasted. His defence was pretty amazing, and his blend of speed and power I think unseen in the division since.
    one of the many reasons tysons reign was so brief was his predictability. every time he had to reset, it was the same. all a guy had to do was have the courage to time him. he was easily tied up and sought help from a ref to get out of them.

he was in essence the hw version of prime pac. pac was even more predictable with his movements than tyson was. bob left/bob right, punch.

i expected tucker to put up more of a challenge. thats a name thats rarely mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      one of the many reasons tysons reign was so brief was his predictability. every time he had to reset, it was the same. all a guy had to do was have the courage to time him. he was easily tied up and sought help from a ref to get out of them.

he was in essence the hw version of prime pac. pac was even more predictable with his movements than tyson was. bob left/bob right, punch.

i expected tucker to put up more of a challenge. thats a name thats rarely mentioned.
      You gotta admit though, when up on his toes in the Tucker fight he was developing a good jabbing game, very unusual for a short guy, against a good fighter in Tucker. It's a shame Tony also fell to drugs, good chin, stamina and good movement. There a video on YouTube with Tyson sparring Tillis, and Tyson really could box at this point. It was a facet of his game that disappeared by the time of the Bruno fight sadly. This fighter didn't resemble the flat-footed one punch guy of the Ruddock fights, and of course, theHolyfield losses post prison. That Tyson really was one dimensional. I'd like to see the Tyson of the Tucker, Biggs fights against Bowe and Lewis. Bowe say 1992 version. Lewis of the Golota fight because I think he got better with age.

Comment

You gotta admit though, when up on his toes in the Tucker fight he was developing a good jabbing game, very unusual for a short guy, against a good fighter in Tucker. It's a shame Tony also fell to drugs, good chin, stamina and good movement. There a video on YouTube with Tyson sparring Tillis, and Tyson really could box at this point. It was a facet of his game that disappeared by the time of the Bruno fight sadly. This fighter didn't resemble the flat-footed one punch guy of the Ruddock fights, and of course, theHolyfield losses post prison. That Tyson really was one dimensional. I'd like to see the Tyson of the Tucker, Biggs fights against Bowe and Lewis. Bowe say 1992 version. Lewis of the Golota fight because I think he got better with age.
        Tyson was never out jabbed under Rooney ,ppl really dont get you are only as good as the Trainer you fit with and when your style relies on a specific set up.

One would have to be a huge dope to suggest Tillis won that Tyson fight ,ive seen that claim on here ?
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-09-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
          From all of those who are claiming Joshua is a stiff dummy and klitschko is going to ko him

You will eat your crow if joshua knocks him out and there will be no excuses

wlad is 40 and has been stopped 3 times in his younger years.

I would not be surprised if he gets stopped at 40, he didnt look good his last fight, very hesitant, unwilling to take risks and unwilling to make adjustments. His coordination looks great when his opponent is at distance and he can just jab all night but it looks terrible when his opponent pressures him and he just flails about like a fish out of water.

Comment

I know of nobody who believes that there will be a knockout in this fight. Because

Comment

klitschko is coming off a 2 or so year hiatus at age 40 after losing his belts

it's a pretty meaningless fight

no backpeddling required

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
                From all of those who are claiming Joshua is a stiff dummy and klitschko is going to ko him

You will eat your crow if joshua knocks him out and there will be no excuses
                For those who don't like AJ, there will be lots of excuses. "Wlad is old", "he's shot","Wlad was never that good to begin with"...etc

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Tyson was never out jabbed under Rooney ,ppl really dont get you are only as good as the Trainer you fit with and when your style relies on a specific set up.

One would have to be a huge dope to suggest Tillis won that Tyson fight ,ive seen that claim on here ?
                  Yeah Rooney Tyson doesn't remotely resemble the later version. The Tillis fight showed how a still green Tyson held up stamina wise. The fact that Tyson had crushed everyone else exaggerated how well Tillis did in that fight. And at the time,Tillis was a good fighter. Mitch Green was also a good fighter. The heavies of the 80s were big men, 6 4 to 6 6, and unlike the overly bulked current crop, we're really mobile with good engines. To me, guys like Biggs, Tucker, Tillis, and even Ribalta may well have got a title in this era. They were pretty good, and a short stocky fella out jabbed them, making them miss outside and in. We never got to see the best of Tyson.

Comment

Yeah Rooney Tyson doesn't remotely resemble the later version. The Tillis fight showed how a still green Tyson held up stamina wise. The fact that Tyson had crushed everyone else exaggerated how well Tillis did in that fight. And at the time,Tillis was a good fighter. Mitch Green was also a good fighter. The heavies of the 80s were big men, 6 4 to 6 6, and unlike the overly bulked current crop, we're really mobile with good engines. To me, guys like Biggs, Tucker, Tillis, and even Ribalta may well have got a title in this era. They were pretty good, and a short stocky fella out jabbed them, making them miss outside and in. We never got to see the best of Tyson.
                    The thing with the Tillis fight to is rnds were only scored with one point stipulation,meaning knock downs didnt give you a 10/8 rnd. It was a 10 rnd fight that wasnt remotley close,unless you listen to the crowd cheer about nothing..lol

obviously tyson could have ended the fight when he wanted. i wont go to far to say they would be champions today...Tucker/Douglas/Holmes/Bruno/ Ruddock would be best bets. Todays fighters are much heavier and the top guys can punch,not many punchers were around in the 80's but Tyson would still win,the Ruddock fights show that.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      The thing with the Tillis fight to is rnds were only scored with one point stipulation,meaning knock downs didnt give you a 10/8 rnd. It was a 10 rnd fight that wasnt remotley close,unless you listen to the crowd cheer about nothing..lol

obviously tyson could have ended the fight when he wanted. i wont go to far to say they would be champions today...Tucker/Douglas/Holmes/Bruno/ Ruddock would be best bets. Todays fighters are much heavier and the top guys can punch,not many punchers were around in the 80's but Tyson would still win,the Ruddock fights show that.
                      Today's guys are physically stronger. But the eighties crop I think had better mobility and skills . Probably the best puncher was Weaver. But I was only watching Tubbs giving Bowe fits the other day and realising how underatted he was. I'd pick him over Wilder or Parker. I'd say that Witherspoon or Dokes would beat these guys too. Even watching Povetkin getting a run for his money from Huck makes me think the 225lb heavy is better than these 250lb guys were now seeing,who I think would've been too slow for Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X