Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a boxing fan/competitor/trainer whats ur opinion on this guys mitt work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    His background is wrestling. He was a national champion.
    Many MMA fighters have wrestling backgrounds but they are hopeless in the upper-levels of the sport. Quinton Jackson this weekend was a prime example. A perfect example of AJ's poor MMA wrestling is, is the fact that he was out-grappled by Vitor Belfort (a guy who is basically dead once he's on the ground) who took AJ's back after a scramble and subbed him. AJ will always have trouble with good wrestlers, and sometimes even bad ones.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 04-06-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Did you see where his lead leg was at when he threw that uppercut? lol! I dont think to many world class boxers would do that unless their opponent was going out?
      In the 2nd one, in fairness, I think he wanted to be ready to scramble because Glover can wrestle a little. So, it may be one of those adaption factors.

But, if you meant the Guftaffson gif, yea... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Many MMA fighters have wrestling backgrounds but they are hopeless in the upper-levels of the sport. Quinton Jackson this weekend was a prime example. A perfect example of AJ's poor MAM wrestling is, is the fact that he was out-grappled by Vitor Belfort (a guy who is basically dead once he's on the ground) who took AJ's back after a scramble and subbed him. AJ will always have trouble with good wrestlers.
        Hes hella top heavy too and his cardio is poor. Wrestling & boxing requires some next level cardio.

Comment

Gives away his punches early with a "hitch"! At least on the pads maybe he doesn't do it in action.
          Smart fighter picks that up quickly.

Ray

Comment

Many MMA fighters have wrestling backgrounds but they are hopeless in the upper-levels of the sport. Quinton Jackson this weekend was a prime example. A perfect example of AJ's poor MMA wrestling is, is the fact that he was out-grappled by Vitor Belfort (a guy who is basically dead once he's on the ground) who took AJ's back after a scramble and subbed him. AJ will always have trouble with good wrestlers, and sometimes even bad ones.
            His main problem is his conditioning. He was gassed and had already been hurt at that point. That's the problem with carrying all that muscle.

Comment

Quite simple! the best trainer i have seen on the pads is? Adam Booth, in recent years! Emanuel Steward was also very intense and full of rhythm during his pad-work!

Just look how much David Haye's technique has regressed since he has been working with Shane Mcguigan! Even as a coach i think you need a athletes mindset, and you need to aspire to improve every area of your game! Mcguigan really needs improve his abilities during pad-work! Due to this deficit in his game, i genuinely believe that David Haye has picked up bad technical habits! (His motor patterns, and muscle firing patterns neurologically, just don't seem to be the same anymore! This has nothing to do with age, because technique can actually become more refined/astute with age as neurological pathways within your muscles and central nervous system are constantly being used!)....

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-06-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is a 205lb fighter...

His punch seems to be real heavy, but he's sloppy enough to get dealt with by all top cruiserweight fighters.

Comment

That is some horrible åsś technique but hey I guess it works

Comment

Working...
                  X